BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E36 1997 328i heated door locks

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Diablo944 
#1 ·
Anyone know how I can tell if my car has the heated door locks fitted ?
Its a 328i not a sport though, and as far as I can tell it does have heated washer jets, as there are power wires running into the bonnet, and I cannot think what else they could be for.
I cant suss if it has the heated door locks though, so any advice welcome.

#2 ·
I would say your car should, but without either contacting the main dealer for a print out of your options OR stripping the door panel off itself and taking a look it is not possible for me to give you a definite. :frown

You may be able to see down the window/door frame with a small torch/streamlight when the window is fully down and see the wires.

#3 ·
Yes, theres one easy way to know if you have the 'Winter' pack.

Lock the doors, and the lift the driver side door handle a little bit, if the interior light comes on, then you have the Winter pack (The heated washer jets and heated door locks)... If you lift the handles and the light doesn't come on, then it means you don't have heated door locks !

The fact that you have heated washer jets, usually suggests you have heated door locks too.

#4 ·
i think the winter pack does also include an LSD, doesn't it?

#5 ·
I'm not sure about 'Sports' becuase of the early ones having LSD's and he later ones not BUT
My 325i has heated washer jets, the interior light comes on when you lift the handle (car locked) and an LSD so I would assume it has heated door locks and that it's got this 'Winter Pack' on it.

#7 ·
My 325 had the winter pack, heated washers, door locks etc
But no LSD. Wasnt on the options sheet :confused

Mind you, I took all that unecessary stuff out and fitted an LSD...:D
Unnecessary?!? :eek
But....it's factory fitted, you can't remove it, it makes me :frown

#11 ·
Thanks for the replies, I will try the handle lift and see if the interoir light comes on tonight when its dark.
I couldnt try it last night as the interior light has been broken since I got the car LOL - fitted a new bulb today and its now working, so later on will try the handle :)
Thanks ppl !

#12 ·
You dont have to wait for it to get dark :lol

Lock the doors, try the handle and stare at the light - You should still see it come on.

The other way to tell, is to left the handle a little bit, and you'll hear/feel the handle hitting the little micro switch.

#13 ·
YAY, I locked the car, lifted the handle n heard the microswitch click, and all the interior lights came on :D
I guess I have heated locks then WICKED !!

Reactions: Ferret
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.