BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Can't decided what to do to my car! Input needed :)

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Prince 
#1 · (Edited)

Ok well bought this car just over a week ago

1997 318i s coupe I have no idea what colour this blue is called

Not a massive amount of service history, but all stamps up to middle of last year for the original engine, which blew so has a recondition engine with 92k on the clock, so the body work has done over 200k but looking at the paint work and the body work you wouldn't be able to tell.

2 scratches on the paint work, one VERY SMALL dent its tiny and a bit of a drink on the boot lid and a little bit of bubbling on the bottom of the drivers door but that doesn't bother me, arch's are clear of rust and bubbling :)

Its been lowered, don't know how much though, full remus exhaust system which cost one previous owner £600. amp etc wired up etc decent CD player, all the electrics work, drivers window a little sticky, interior is in good condition.

Also was only services couple of hundred miles ago so all in all i think a decent buy.

I will budget myself about £1000 for any styling or mods

Now i just need to know what to do to her, i would like people to contribute with ideas what they think would look good, if the bloody paint work was in horrible condition then i would get a respray but there is as far as i can see no stone chips and 2-3 scratches, one which is deep, so i would feel bad spraying her.

So if every one would like to contribute in to styling my car :) and i will read and if i like the idea will add it to a list that i will put up. Once i know what i want to do i will detail the project :)

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
m3 front lip,
e46 boot lip,
window tints,
ccfl kit,
hids/xenons,
mesh out the fog light holes or put foglights in,
change alloy wheels,
black kidney grills,
sought out misting headlight,
theres a few to get you going :-D

#4 ·
The misting light is getting sorted out next monday along with angel eyes i accquired for nothing, also the induction kit was put on badly so that will be sorted along with a heat shield to stop any heat soak.

I'm really tempted on putting the foglights back in as i have two from my old 316 after it flew through a hedge lol.

Some of the others mentioned i will have a think about, not a fan of window tints but we will see :)

Thanks

#8 ·
Wheels are the first step to changing the appearance

Before ( I like these wheels but these particular ones have been painted silver by a clown and a harsh wheel cleaner made them look primer grey:mad) I might refurb them and sell them.

After

:thumbsup Raised a bit on the rear since this pic too :thumbsup

#10 ·
Inside is to be fair for the age and millage on the shell - not bad condition beige cloth though, bolsters are all really good very supportive seats, but thinking of scrapping them for leather as i live down the road from a large BMW breakers yard :thumbsup and interior from them is like 250 quid :(

Ok wheels first, im going to have to keep looking!

#12 ·
Big wheels em, big wheels and oh yes big wheels!

Take your time and pick the right set I would steer away from M3 style as it's not an m3! Loving the alpina alloys, but remember it's your car so as long as you like it stuff everyone else!!

#13 ·
Wheels and colour code the black trims then a good wash and polish. Do a change then take your time to think about the next. I had a 318i saloon on a P, cracking cars. Good luck with your project :)

#16 ·
M3 replica all the way. Sod all the rest of the shiny crap. Buy front and rear bumpers and real m3 wheels and you've a cool car. Don't get the m3 replica wheels as they are sh1te and have no dish on them and are probably made of cheese.

....make an M3. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.