BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Buying a 730d

623 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ez64 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

just wrote off my Merc CLK which I hated. Had a 1998 5 series before and loved it!

Considering a new 5 series, but the wait is too long and as I no longer have a car, I need one quickly. Looking at the 730d on a 2008 plate. Thinking about getting the sport version as I like the look of the seats better than on the SE. Buying from BMW approved for the 1 year warranty.

Basically looking for any buying advice on this car, if I can spot any issues with the car, I'd rather have BMW fix them before I take delivery.

Only thing about the car I'm not in love with is the wooden trim. Are you able to have this redone in black and anyone know the cost?

Also, i'm torn between getting a 2006 variant with all of the gadgets aka comfort seats, seat massage, etc or a 2008 version basically as standard but with maybe heated seats, sun protection glass and the 20" wheels.

This will be my main car. Looking to spend up to £25k

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi worldclassmusician.

I just bought a 06 730d, 50k on the clock with lots of extras i.e lcd screens in the back, 19" alloys etc for £16,500.
With a budget of 25k the worlds your lobster m8.
You should be able to get a 08 730d with low miles and lots of extras for around 23k, have a look on autotrader.
Sorry I can't help with what faults to look for but the 730d is a great drive. Plenty of grunt yet refined, handles brilliantly and I average 35mpg :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.