BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Bit of advice please ..

661 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bimmerlovin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone , im fairly new here . I have found a 325ci which im intending to buy . It has had one owner from new , and has allways been serviced by BMW from new .
Mileage is 220,000 miles .... yes indeed high .... but to drive the car it billies the miles .... it really does drive extremely well .

As I say , the car has full service history.... and recently has had all the springs and shocks changed . Has power fold mirrors .... reversing sensors... middle rear head rest .... and some other extras like a towbar that can be fitted which is in the speare wheel compartment .

Am I foolish to buy such a high mileage BMW ........ or would I be ok .

#3 ·
Car is offered to me private sale not a garage ...... yes mainly motorway miles ...... full leather which is perfect ... one little dink on the front wing which is barely noticable.

I can have the car for £2,400 . Forgot to say its a 2001 model .

#5 ·
Made me laugh actually when I went to view and test drive the car . The husband and wife said they will be sad to see it go , and want the car to go to a good home .

I guess after all these years of ownership they have become rather attached to it . They are selling as they now have a brand new 335ci !

#8 ·
Agree with Joe .. 2k would be a deal and if it goes wrong, then it's a pain but no so bad...

Although... there are lots of people out there that stipulate "motorway" miles on the basis that it will help sell the car as there is no way to disprove it...

although at 220k i would tend to believe it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.