BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Automatic Vs Manual

24K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  rumpleforeskin 
#1 ·
First of all appologys if this is in the wrong section and if it is please move it and dont delete my therad...

Okey a few issues have been buggin me i currentley have a 118d manual all fine and well and im selling it , so my next car i was thinking is a 325 CD M Sport can any one give me good pointers on what to look out for when inspecting theses cars and all the info it would be a big and great help

but im still wondering whats best automatic or manual and well ive all ways stuck to manual cars but never driven a auto so i just wanted to know like common break downs with automatics cars and are thay more or less cheap to fix etc etc

hope some one can guide me in the right direction many thanks and look fawerd to the replys

#35 ·
My two penneth:

I've always had manuals but had a courtesy car from BMW on a service visit; 118 diesel auto - so much fun and the autobox so easy to use. Consequently now drive an auto, with paddle option and will (probably) never return to a manual. (I am approaching 40 though!!)
I guess the autos are so much better nowadays i.e. 6 speed rather than 3.

Enjoy the "try before you buy" option.

Happy New Year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.