BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2010 E93 help! ABS/ DSC/Start Assist/ Tyre pressure fault..

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Van330i 
#1 ·
Greetings to you all, I am a newbie on here as of today, looks like the place to be if you own a BMW!

I am a fairly new BMW owner having bought my 330i E93 in Oct 2010 at 6 months old and 7k. It has run perfectly for 4 years until Saturday

I have, at the weekend suffered the above issue/s which started whilst driving at approx 75mph on the A1M from London.

I have looked at the many posts on here and other forums regarding the causes and possible cures before being forced to give in and taking it to Sytners for diagnostics.

The only thing I can say that may relate to all the information I have read is that I do have a very slow puncture on rear n/s tyre resulting in tyre pressure monitor

alerting me approx every 8-10 weeks or so, re pressurising and all being well. I did re pressurise this tyre the day before the fault occurred (and checked the others)

I have today checked the battery which is fine (car is 4 and half years old and 35k) and the tyres are all still at correct pressure.

Tomorrow I will try releasing the pressure to less than 20psi and re inflating / resetting tyre pressure monitor as per an earlier posting on here ( worth a try! )

I have no access to a diagnostic tool so the Main dealer is my only hope.

Is there anyone who can advise me further please? I am mechanically competent having 3 classic motorcycles that have been completely restored by myself over the years

but don`t want to be ripped off by my MD (Sytners in Nottingham)

Thanks in anticipation and Merry Christmas!:goodvibes

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.