BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2007 E60 -520D M SPORT - URGENT smart repair recommendations please

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  e36nickd 
#1 ·
Just had a letter this morning from lease company stating the the 5 is due back on Monday...WTF:eek:eek:eek:jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping

I was under the impression it was due back end of July.

As the Mrs has mainly driven over the last 3 years it needs some tlc prior to its return.:hihi

Im looking for a mobile unit who can do bumper scrapes, light scatches, a deep scratch and take out a what looks like a trolley dent about 12 - 15 inches long. This dent is minor and is hard to see byt its there. The wheels are a bit curbed but thats wear and tear surely.

Any recommendations appreciated , thanks.

#2 ·
Have you tried visiting your local Halfords, whilst I would not advocate their paint colour matching skills, my brother in law had a smart repair (a couple of trolley dents but one had chipped the paint) done to his E91 325i SE by someone that they send out (like chipsaway and dentmaster). You can't tell it was done TBH and was under £100:thumbsup

#3 ·
Cheers Kevin, need a pro to do it as Lombard state if not returned in good condition they will bill me after getting estimate from BMW:eek

#4 ·
Dont let chips away touch your car, unless you have seen previous work by the person you have called out. They are a franchise business and have their 'own area'. The monkey i let lose on my wife's car attempted to respray the wheel whilst it was on the car, and then covered the brake disc in silver and laquer. They then tried to fob me off saying it was the standard way of doing it.

Chips away were a nightmare to deal with, thankfully the local office isnt far from me as i marched up there and got the director out to see the handywork.

He was really impressed......

#5 ·
IIRC they were on it pretty quickly and you honestly can't tell. Someone else picked up the bill as it was done when she let a trolley go in a supermarket carpark...

You don't wanna give them a chance to bill you for something that you can get done more cheaply

I have just had a section of my E91 bumper repaired after I scraped the corner of it on a wall, it was repaired by a professional bodyshop (but a small 2 man band) cost me £70.:)

#6 ·
Well found a local firm and their tech came out last night quoted £220 for bumper scuff, deep scratch light scratches to tailgate and an long dent running from front wing to drivers door.

Will take pics before and after.

when i asked him what will it look like afterward he replied you ont even tell:eek...well lets see:thumbsup

All being good will say good bye to my E60 on Monday:thumbsup

#7 ·
All work was done and done very well....

Sorry no pics guys.

Firm used :thumbsup

E60 goes back Thursday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.