BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Wie Gehts?

Tags
gehts wie
1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Spykee 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I've just signed up after buying my 2004 320cd Sport last weekend. Its silver with black leather and some nice extras on it including heated seats and the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade, which are definitely being appreciated already.

I've already done my first mod with a set of black kidney grill's and am now thinking of a remap. I've come from a Honda S2000 so its feeling a bit sluggish at the mo :hihi

No pics yet as the weather is so bad!

Alex

#6 ·
Haha I have done it by accident a couple of times, having to change up around the 4k mark before the engine runs out of puff is very different after being used to a power band that kicks in at 6250rpm and changing at the limiter on 9250rpm!

The thought about a remap didn't last long, It's getting done next week :thumbsup

Alex

#10 ·
Yeah I've just read up on this today...by crank case breather is that what everyone is on about with the vortex oil filter/breather? I've seen that PMW do the clanking plates but have no idea which size I'll need and don't really fancy doing it on the drive with such cold weather :-/

Maybe I should wait for the remap and do these first...I'll have to see if I can get it done locally cos otherwise I'll have to wait til it warms up a bit to do it myself.

#12 · (Edited)
Right, vortex oil separator ordered and collecting it this afternoon. I'm guessing it is just the separator itself and not the housing etc as well? Any ideas how long it should take me to just change this bit? I'm relatively competent with working on cars.

Also going to order the swirl flap blanking plates from PMW today but don't think I'll get them done before Christmas as its too cold to be outside for a good few hours doing the job.

I'm guessing that my mum's 07 530d will also have these swirl flaps too but what about the bog roll oil separator issue? would this have been addressed?

Thanks,

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.