BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Why haven't I been here before?

753 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  AlwynMike 
#1 ·
Hello fellow BMW fans.

Well, why haven't I been here before??? After around 8 years of BMW ownership and 3 years of 530d ownership, with those 3 years being a member of a "competitor forum" - that I'm not allowed to mention (!) that is more specific to the 5er, I feel the need to get back into a 3 series (and I feel the need for more power too!!). And guess what, I NEED INFO!

I am an old bloke, from an era when electronics meant having lights that worked. I have a little experience of working on cars (and bikes) and I do like to tinker with my car when I get chance. I am not a mod-er, my car is pretty standard. I am not a quick driver most of the time, but I do like the occasional blast. Hence I am missing the "chuckability" of a 3. The 5er is a great car, far more comfortable than any 3 that I've been near, but mid-life crises and all that, I crave for a 335d Touring. The Good Lady says I can have one too - as long as she gets the car she wants next year (could be expensive, this one).

Am I still allowed on the forum if I say that I am a caravanner???
Yes, just the person Joe Public loves to hate!

I also run (although not as often as I would like) a '73 MGBGTV8 and a '78 Suzuki GS1000

Cheers
Mike

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.