BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Daddycool1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#24 ·
Evening guys, I'm looking to be a bmw owner by this summer. After I move I'll be ok to get a new car and been looking at the e39 540i. Just doing a bit of research before I jump in. Has anyone got any info, buying guides or details on expected fuel consumtion or service intervals etc.
I'm probabily going to keep it stock for a while then maybe get a more free flowing exhaust to turn up the v8's rumble.

#26 ·
I'm hoping it will prove reliable. From the cost new they should be well put together but they're so cheap now i was amazed! 5k should see a low milage mint one 97-99 or something, I got a 540i estate advertised a few miles from me with 120k on the clock advertised for 2700!!!! full leather, loads of options and a big ol v8. Amazing value for money! I know that mpg will put most people off but its not that bad from what I read. should hit 25mpg on a run easily so not that much different from other cars. I think its worth taking the hit on the fuel to have such beast under the bonnet.

#31 ·
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is really acceptable on the forum as I'm not a BMW owner, but I'm a translator and I do lots of translating for BMW. Sometimes it's difficult to find the info. I need, and I'd really love to be able to ask someone who knows everything there is to know about BMW - but I don't even know anyone who's got one! So I wondered whether it would be okay for me to pick the brains of the people on the forum sometimes?! Sorry for the hi-jack!

Sarah

#38 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member. I just recently bought an E36 320i coupe 1995 model and in the stage of getting to know the car. I hope you can help me. My first question is, how would I know if it's a vanos or non-vanos? Thanks a lot.
if you can get the chassis number from under the bonnet you can type it into www.realoem.com

and find out on there.
Alternatively please start a thread in the general maintenenace section (the forum is being upgraded in the next few days and will have a much better layout of forums hopefully!)

#40 ·
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can createa new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully
hi everybody ive got a problem
with my bmw just done the head gasket
now it wont run up any body help please
neil