BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Daddycool1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#2,152 ·
1st time owning a BMW. I bought a 2004 X3 E34. I am born in the UK but have lived in Spain for 15 years.
It has a few issues I need to sort out, carrier bearing shot making a very noisy vibration, transmission rubber mount needs replacing, transfer case oil old according to ISTA+. A small leak around oil filter but not dripping. I have all the parts ready.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Attachments

#2,156 ·
Hello all, I'm in the UK and am fairly well known in the world of E30s, but have been driving a E39 528i touring as a daily driver (and towing barge) for the last eleven years, which has now clocked up 315,000 miles. Mechanically, everything still works like it did when it left the factory, except for a dud PDC sensor in the rear bumper, but the bodywork is getting past its best. Not particularly with rust, although that is a battle that I seem to be slowly losing, but I don't think there is a single panel on it that doesn't have a dent or mark of some kind.
My solution to this is to have bought someone else's abandoned project - a 2002 530i m sport touring which had decided to lose oil pressure and was in need of a replacement motor. The previous owner had removed the old engine, sourced a replacement from an E46, swapped over (hopefully) all the bits that are different, and had got as far as sitting the replacement in the engine bay on its mounts, but little else.
The car is now in my workshop, on the ramp, with the engine and gearbox back out, and all undertrays/liners, fuel tank, etc. removed so that I can see exactly what I have.
It was advertised as being almost corrosion free, and it appears that it is. Small holes right at the back of each sill, surface bubbling on the lip of the right rear arch, and developing surface rust above the rear subframe, so that'll be coming out next, renewing the brake lines at the same time as killing the rust.
With all the loose bits that came with the car, I'm likely to be on here asking " where does this bracket go" or "is this an E46 or E39 part" questions, hence my reason for joining.

#2,162 ·
Howdy.
I’m a Manchester uk based previous owner of a few BMWs
Had an E38 V8 7 series a few years ago.

Just bought a 2013 F11 520D as a family car.
reminds me of my old E38 a lot!

joining the forum for the benefit of repair guides.
need to repair condensed headlight, door vapour seal, air bag susspension etc…

Also have a BMW K1300R for solo speed fun in the summer & a BMW K75 that im attempting to get back on the road.

#2,163 ·
Howdy.
I’m a Manchester uk based previous owner of a few BMWs
Had an E38 V8 7 series a few years ago.

Just bought a 2013 F11 520D as a family car.
reminds me of my old E38 a lot!

joining the forum for the benefit of repair guides.
need to repair condensed headlight, door vapour seal, air bag susspension etc…

Also have a BMW K1300R for solo speed fun in the summer & a BMW K75 that im attempting to get back on the road.
Welcome to the forum, post your questions in 5 series tech section, but for sealing the vapour barrier i use this, No Nonsense Roof & Gutter Sealant Black 310ml - Screwfix its cheap and stays sticky just like what was there before.

#2,165 ·
hi all ,
newbie here I have a BMW E90 3 series. Looking for some help and will be willing to share any knowledge going forward.
My issue is I have recently changed the battery in my BMW and now whenever I press the brake pedal my reverse lights are also coming on and reverse senor. Does anyone know why this would be happening and how i can fix this problem.
P.S I have not been able to code the battery could this cause this problem? Thanks in advance for any support and comments.

This post has been deleted
#2,170 ·
Good evening all,
New to this site but have previously been a member and moderator of car clubs over the years. Just purchased my 4th BMW going back over many years. Down to only two cars which is the least i have had any any one time for many a year. Surprisingly i have just purchased a 3 series for the first time, have owned 1 and 5 series before.
I have stood back from car forums over the last few years but can see myself getting more involved again as i am impressed and a little besotted with my latest purchase. I feel like a little kid in a sweet shop again, a feeling i have missed in the last few years.
Too old to be any sort of boy racer but my passion for cars will never diminish.

#2,171 ·
Good morning all, new to this forum have been a member on other forums over the years. Have recently bought myself a 60 plate E91 320d LCI Msport. Had a Mercedes ML350 Diesel before so lost interest in driving during that time, was a lovely car but not fun. So decided to get myself another BMW this is my third lol. Previously owned a E36 M3 and a E46 323i. Currently in the process of bringing the car back to scratch due to a few things broken or wearing out.