BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#2,039 ·
Pete
advice please or put me in the right direction if possible
I bought my M2 last month from the bmw used approved , I’m pretty sure I was told my car would be serviced if it was due within 3 months of purchase , yesterday I noticed it’s due an oil change..? as I’m new to the bmw family is this classed as a service..?

#2,033 ·
New member here. Today I got delivery of my X3 M40d with Tech Pack Plus and a few other options. I wanted a smaller X5… First impressions are good. I need to get my head around the numerous display options.
Like many, wireless phone charging and passenger lumbar support not available due to the chips shortage.
I was also surprised not to have a jack ‘as you have run-flat tyres Sir’. Fine. I look forward to gaining insights on the car from this site. Cheers

#2,035 ·
Hi All
Very newbie here. Spent a lot of years yearning for a BMW and finally took the plunge last Friday. I also probably jumped way in at the deep end as i bought myself a 2010 F11 535d, with only 42K on the clock. The car is awesome and i am very happy, the N57 is a very special engine. There are some jobs to do though, 2 wheels need a refurb, (booked up) it needs a service and i want a front splitter fitted. Any advice on the splitter what brand type of front splitter would be appreciated though i am assuming there is already a thread for that somewhere...will post some pictures when i get the wheels refurbed. Thanks

#2,040 ·
Morning buddy. Ordinarily the one thing that is always done with BMW Service plan is the oil service. This could be a full change with new filter but could be just a top up, depending on when the last full change and filter change was done. Obvs if it had a new filter and oil chage the day before you got the car then they wouldn't do it again in my mind.

I'd check with the garage on a) what they consider as a service and exactly what they did and b) ask if they reset the service indicators on the cars computer.

#2,048 ·
Bloody EGR and almost all emission sensors on beemers. Hopefully just a sensor to fix it.

Pug is a 1.9 running wide track rear beam from a 309 and front hubs off a 406. Subframe will be strengthened then throttle bodies are going on, roll cage, maxi body kit and then I'm off hill climbing.

That's when I'll need to get a tow bar on the 535. I don't fancy driving the Pug on major Road. It's far too loud!