Welcome to the introduction forum! - Page 69

Notices

Thread: Welcome to the introduction forum!

Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
  1. New to site and like to say thanks! DSC light and Handbrake light intermittent 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    parry320D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi, my names Mike, i drive 320D 2004 i recently had a problem with my DSC light and handbrake light being intermittent and was very annoying, i started reading on this forum of all the different things it could be and there were a lot of different things it could have been. i had my codes read and it showed Return pump, pressure sensor, pressure sensor 1 and level sensor. now looking at that i thought it would cost a fortune but much to my relief i started reading bimmerforums now although what i read never was the problem bimmerforums seemed to give me some hope that my problem was not as serious as some poor chaps on here with the lights i mentioned being on permanently. im saying thank you for that hope and if anyone reads this if they could help others could you please add my problem to the correct forum.

i simply did all the normal checks brake sensors ( although they are a different light so dont waste your time )
    brake fluid ( my brake fluid was over the max as i recently had my pads changed, a pipette solved that but lights still on and off )

now call me stupid but this has worked and my light has not been on since, i simply removed the cap of my brake fluid and give a little shake to make sure it wasnt the level sensor all seemed to be fine after shaking it and the light did not come on for 3 days and then it did, i was slowly giving up when there is an obvious connection on the brake fluid cap, i removed it and give a lucky blow ( as you do ) put it back on and that was it, my lights have not been on since and im guessing when doing my brake pads etc my connection and simply come loose.

i know it seems a lot of writing for such a simple job but really thank you, and hope this helps anyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. Hello 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    pretendporsche's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hey All,

Had a lot of german cars and i love them, been into anything VAG for the last 10 years, in more recent years i bought a 911 as a project, which i love but is currently of the road :(

Last year with our first baby due i started looking for a family wagon, after having owned 4 Audis 3 Vw's i decided we needed a change and ended up buying a e90 330i Se ( i wanted an m sport but this se was really well spec'd ), and i love it.

After 6 months of spending all our money on baby stuff we are now starting to think about modifiying, i dont want to do too much, but being that this is my first bmw i thought i should get on the forums!!

Look forward to more posts in the future!

4. Greetings... 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    FortySix's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 330ci SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    1st post.

2002 E46 330ci se in Orient Blue still on the original Star-spoke 89 17"rims.

For my 2nd post, the E46 Projects sub-forum to discuss fixing up this fixer-upper.

5. BMW Virgin 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Axel F's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525D SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Hi, I pick up my very first BM tomorrow. An 04 plate 525 D SE. I feel like its xmas!

I would appreciate any advice on this model.

Thanks

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Broder's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 M3 EVO LTW
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hello ,
    My name is Bart, im' from Poland , but I live/work on the Isle of Man - Douglas. I'm one of the owners of RACEISM.pl

My first beammer was black e36 320i coupe, I bought it in 2005, swap engine for 2,8 , paint on white and put loads of carbon fibre on the car Sold it in june this year. Car was all the time in Poland.
    In 2010 I was working on the IOM and bought here my first M3 E36 Coupe 3.0 , I held it for about 4 months only and sold it in Poland for drifting
    Now I'm back to IOM again and have here E36 M3 Evo Saloon a bit modified

7. Greetings from Slovenia 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    E46 320d Touring's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320d Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Hello. I'm new here. My name is Mitja and I'm from Slovenia, 29years old and I'm driving a bmw e46 320d Touring, 2004.

cheers
    BMW E46 320d Touring

8. Hi guys first time BMW owner just says hello 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Markbarry1977's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    123d Msport e87
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Well guys I have just put my deposit down on a lovely 123d msport e87, 57 plate 55k on the clock having upgraded from a Hyundai coupe s111, wow what a difference in quality and performance.

I am a constant questioner and I have no doubt you will soon get fed up of my questions.

Anyway off to read more about 123d mports. I need to know everything lol.

9. Hi new this site and needing some enlightenment :) 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    LMG111's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi, I'm Laura and new to the site.
    Could really do with some help. Apologies if this needs to go on a different forum!
    I own a BMW 330d se. Its 9 years old now with 87k miles. It has been regularly serviced, maintained etc etc. Gearbox transmission seems normal, tyres in good condition with plenty of tread, no damage to suspension or tracking. It doesnt pull to left or right either in drive or under braking. Wheels are at correct pressure and are balanced. However its recently developed a problem.
    When cold the car handles fine. After 10-15 minutes ie warm, it develops a significant wobble/vibration which under braking is violent. At the same time it emits a deep hollow sounding hum. The only thing I can compare the noise to is when I had a puncture (different car) whilst driving at 70mph. Both the vibration and noise then subside and become less noticeable after approximately 10 minutes but does not completly go.
    This problem is not relative to speed. I've tested it by driving it from cold straight on a motorway at speeds between 40 and 85mph. No problem. Its pertinent to when the engine has been warmed up.
    I'm baffled (not that I know much about the mechanics of cars )
    Can anyone offer any advice please??
    Thanks in advance

10. Just bought my first bmw 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    IR0NM4NM3LV's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316ti Compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Hi guys, just signed up for the forum. Good to be a part of the team!

I've recently bought a BMW 316ti Compact, 2004, 50K, alloys, climate control, cruise control, all the gadgets. Ive owned many cars in the past but nothing says refinement like a BMW.

Looking to change the oil & filter, as its looking like tar, possibly using a flushing agent any recommendations?

Possibly a set of bbs to set the car off, i'll see whats out there.

cheers guys.

11. New To the Group 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Muzzy110's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Images
    Thanks
    Hi My name is Muzzy I've owned a Bmw 316i Saloon for Three and a half years and had a lot of work done to it I thought it was about time to join the forum, learn and share my knowledge with the rest of the Bmw Owners world