BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,916 ·
Hi everyone! Just joined today and looking for advice on a new purchase. I'm thinking of buying an E9X M3 as a weekend car as they seem to have bottomed out price wise. Can't decide on saloon or coupe. Any suggestion which would be better? I don't need a saloon as i already have a G20 3 series. Just thought as there seem to be very few around a saloon might be more desirable?

#1,918 ·
Hello everyone
I’m Craig and based in South Wales.
I have an E31 840 that i’ve owned for a couple of years now, and as i decided to keep it forever and because, well, i obviously like punishing myself, i have recently started a light restoration project that i’m documenting on youtube. As these things go its turning into a bigger job than anticipated!
Feel free to go check out progress and follow my journey with the car.

Anyone else doing their own resto projects?

BMW E31 840 Restoration

#1,919 ·
Hi Folks.
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi.
New bimmer owner, got a 2007 320i M-Sport cabrio. So far been spending money on repairs instead of improving it, but hopefully that'll change soon. New to all this, so going to be posting quite a few questions, hope you don't mind, promise I'll search for similar threads first. 😉

Sean

#1,920 ·
Hi All
Just joined up today
Yesterday i bought myself a BMW 318d M sport in Estoril blue,and i am absolutely chuffed to bits with it!!
Looking forward to joining in on the forums,i may have some questions that i would like to find the answers to mainly car hi-fi as i think mine comes with the base audio setup.I will always do a forum search first to see what i can find.
I have added a pic of my car
Martin

#1,921 ·
Hi all you peeps first post on here .Soooo i got a bmw e36 manual 328i convertible cosmic black 1996 been in the family years and it needs help lol so many niggles but mechanically fantastic for 160k no leaks anywhere bodywork good .I been debating if too get shot of it but no its been so fun it deserves rescuing so i will be calling on your mega minds for help lol .I cant find the episode but its the next number on plate to one of clarksons road trips on top gear so must be worth it lol I live in norfolk near bungay so i could do with knowing anybody that can help thanks all in advance

#1,922 ·
Hello all, I'm Laz and completely noob with BMWs but with vast love for them!!

Im looking to get a 420d 2016 white with M performance body kit( just the kit not the pack) as it looks amazing.
2 issues so far on my research: a) that there are not so many out there and b) front seats are not electric :(
Anyway, just wanted to say hi, I salute you all!!

#1,931 ·
Hi to all,

Thinking of taking the plunge and getting a couple of cars i've lusted after for years (e39 and e46), in here to do research before i buy... and then use this fountain of knowledge to keep my new babies alive 4eva. Looking forward to the education

rKill

#1,935 ·
Hello everyone!
Basically, I am in love with the cars since baby. Hence, I got a hobby that crosses the same road with cars. It is making carbon fibre details. Now I have my M2 Competition 2018, so I made a lip for it plus some other little stuff. Probably I am going to use this forum to get some feedback on the designs and just to blog it. Cheers!

#1,936 ·
Hi all,
Returning member here (lost my old login and no longer use the email addy I signed up with).
The forum certainly looks much nicer than it used to do, looking forward to spending some hours reading up !
I drive an M140i which is having further tuning tomorrow (as a birthday present to myself).
Nik

#1,937 ·
Hello all!
I have owned a few BM's in the past, but nothing for 14 years, and I'm considering a 2005 740 which I have just made a post about.
Previously owned a few early 90's 3 and 5 series as well as a late 90's 5 series. Always liked the 7 series and this one I'm considering caught my eye by chance.

Sean

#1,938 ·
Hi All! - Im the new guy Nim, well have been visiting the site from time to time, but finally got round to signing up :)

So i currently have a E92 320d LCI in Black, with the gorgeous love/hate 313m 19" Rims. Really love the car, had it for about 3 years, but looking for a possible F32 430i or more likely going to be the 420i and tune it up a bit...let see.

Im sure i will be reading up more and posting some of the lifes questions on BWMs going forward.

Nim

#1,939 ·
Hi everyone 👋
Im Tony and I have had a 2013 503d F11 for the last 3 years and ive done quite a bit of work to maintain it as I plan on holding onto it for a long time. Im handy with the spanners and to date I have done to it things like, changed steering wheel to paddle shifters, refurbished the entire airbag suspension, changed the gearbox oil (twice), changed coolant gaskets behind the oil filter, removed and cleaned inlet manifold, deleted the egr, swapped the idrive controller knob, swapped the parking brake button, updated the sat nav, coded things (video in motion, stop/start default to off, paddle shifter enable, enabled LEDs all round, ect) and all general maintenance work that is required like timing chains, diff oil, diesel and engine/cabin air filters., ect. I have also ran into the usual issues associated with these models such as the dreaded water in rear footwell issue (easily sorted actually), changed the rear light due to vandalism X2 😡 and im sure there are more im forgetting. So if I can assist anyone with issues they are having feel free to give me a shout out anytime.
Oh I am not finished doing things to this car either as I plan on doing some serious road trips in this car and im going to be putting a lot more mileage on it in the future. So I'll post more of what I get up to. 😁