BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,897 ·
Evening, NOT a BMW owner yet, trying to decide between a E39 diesel Touring (if i can find one ) or a 2004 530d se touring
Im moving on from a 56 2,2 Civic, 5 years and 50k its been a good car, but its got 190+k on now, and wilting gracefully.
Im doing about 1000 miles a month, mostly motorway, and I like a bit of grunt and comfort.
Dave

#1,900 ·
Thats it, I've traded my 1L ecoboost Ford Focus and got myself a 320d M Sport F30

Hi my names Tony and a first time BMW owner. Picking it up from my Local BMW dealer this week.

I'm having two things done, front grill is being replaced from the standard Chrome version to a 'Gloss Black' one, I'm also having the a very light tint applied to the rear lights (not a boy racer heavy tint, hell I'm in my 50's) I am tempted to get the rear windows tinted and get the wing mirrors wrapped to give it that little bit of grunt but not sure yet (I'm sure a few of you will be shaking your heads in disgust at the thought).

Also awaiting my V750 from the DVLA so I can put my Reg Plate on it.

I managed to get a 2yr Warranty, 4yr Gap Insurance and Protect X included in the price of Just under £16,000

#1,903 ·
Hi, I keep scanning the forums for various help on things so time I said hello. E92 N43 320 owner, previously E30 318, E46 320 and E93 320 all little engines. Holding out for a 330 or M3 some day. This E92 is the first one with constant little niggles, currently working through the 30EA and cylinder 3 misfire, over and over... Im getting there from a much longer list of Codes to start with! If i figure these out i'll share my findings! Cheers

#1,906 ·
Well, first post on here. This is my 2014 low mileage 435d. Written off because of a fire. Wasn't the car that caught fire, but that's not important. So I'm now Beemer-less and in need of some help looking for a replacement. No-one on here needs to be bored with spec etc., you all know what a 435d is! So if there's one going, don't keep it to yourself! Cash awaits!

#1,911 ·
Hi all, just thought i'd say hello! new to the forum, been on and off of here for years as it's been a source of lots of useful information. Currently have a E36 Compact 2.5 Turbo (316i originally) which is fairly modified as below. Trying to keep it visually a bit of a sleeper but mechanically a bit of a weapon. Am hoping to make some videos for YouTube once complete which might help anyone else who is thinking of doing something similar.

Engine & Driveline:
M52B25 conversion, alloy cam cover, ccv delete and catch can set-up, electric fan conversion, FTWL Top Mount manifold, replica GT3076R w/internal wastegate, universal intercooler kit, standalone pnp RM Electronics ECU, Volvo Bosch T5 350cc injectors, Sytec boost referenced adjustable fuel pressure regulator set to 3.5 Bar, 2.5 inch downpipe, 3 inch subaru impreza (Toyo Sports - chopped up and re-welded) exhaust from DP back (118d Tip), getrag box and clutch set-up from 323i.
Chassis, Brakes & Wheels:
E36 coupe front coilovers, Compact rear lowering springs and shocks, Complete 318ti rear end swap with brembo discs and pads, BMW E46 330d front brakes, 17inch staggered style 68 wheels.

Cheers for looking, Tom