BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,863 ·
I want to say Hello and thank you, to all those who have given time and information on this site.
I have a 2005 e46 320d touring, which has starting issues, but hope/think I've found solution on here. If I think I can help with info with this issue ill add my 2 pennies worth or maybe needing some in put.
I also own - Nissan Terrano, very reliable, ( touch wood!!! ) Transit ( ready for scrapping ) VW bay camper and a VW type 25 synchro camper.

#1,864 · (Edited)
Hi All. Bought a BMW 330d Shadow Edition in September after 4 years driving a 320d. I still love it every time I drive it the 6 pot growl and acceleration makes me smile. ? Was a bit puzzled recently when I put my foot down a bit suddenly

and got a wheelspin even though the car was already moving. I wasn't expecting that!

#1,876 ·
Hello, just joined the forum and hope to get involved in the weeks and months ahead.

Based in the south east of the UK I am due to collect my first BMW a new X3 (GO1) later this month which is something that I am very excited about.

As stated this will be my first BMW after many years of unexciting Company cars and the last 12 years of owning a number of different Audi's, it is difficult to explain why the switch from Audi to BMW has happened as our Audi's have been awesome cars and extremely reliable but we were looking for a premium 4x4 SUV and the X3 ticked most of the boxes on our list compared to the Q5 or other alternatives we looked at.

Never had a car with 4 Wheel drive and it is probably 35 years since my car was anything but front wheel drive, so a 4x4 with a real wheel drive bias is going to be one hell of an experience but one I am very much looking forward to.

What I am also surprised about is the amount of tech that is going to be available to me in the X3, I have had the technology pack added and with the fully digital instruments this is going to be a bit of a culture shock compared to the very basic tech in most of my previous cars.

Apologies for the long winded hello just wanted to provide a bit of background behind my first BMW purchase.

#1,877 ·
Hi, just joined and am new to forums so cant seem to find what im after.
Anyway !ve just bought an '11 e91 318i, come from an 08 focus and looking forward to getting the car where i want it/where it needs to be.
Ive been trying to find what cable i need for inpa but am slightly confused. can somebody point me in the right direction???

#1,878 ·
Another new BMW driver here and just joined the forum today. Had VW's for the past 11 years and traded in my 2014 Scirocco R for a one year old X2 2.0 Sdrive M Sport on 11 March. Unfortunately with the Covid-19 restrictions I've managed just one trip to the supermarket so far!

Well at least the lockdown has given me ample time to fit my Blackvue 650GW 2ch (front and rear) dashcam. Contemplating BimmerCode but not sure the mods I'd like are worth the outlay for an OBD2 dongle and the software. Wonder if there are any users local to me in the WS13 postcode area?

#1,879 ·
Hi

My name is Richard and I have a 2003 manual 325i Sport Tourer currently with 161,000 miles on the clock, which I bought in July 2019. It's my first BMW in about 30 years having previously owned an E21 323i and an E30 323i.

Although a basically sound and solid car I think that in it's more recent past it has been a bit neglected so when I first got it I decided to address some immediate issues like overhauling the Vanos (what a difference to low end torque) replacing the DISA Valve (fixed the flat spot on pullaway) and CCV system (what a pig of a job). A basic service was also in order along with replacing the gearbox and rear axle oils and overhauling the hand brake.

Although my boy racer days are long gone I love the way this car handles and gets down the road. It's a real pleasure to drive though at the moment there's not much of that going on, but it does give a chaqnce to get on with a few more jobs on the car. I'm sure I'll find plenty of helpful and useful information here.

#1,880 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum my granddaughter has one of my previous bm series 3 throwing a couple problems up 1 TPM showing r/front low that's after fitting new tyres all round 2 start/stop showing on screen also not working, 3 coolant warning showing low checked everything pipes, gasket, radiator keeps showing after 3wks after topping up any clues would be appreciated rallyman

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

#1,881 ·
Hii! New here, just recently purchased a 2005 e90 325i and eager to get involved with the community :) It needs a fair few repeairs out of the gate so I'll be doing water pump, thermostat, coils and sparks, valve cover gasket and then a flush of the power steering fluid and oil this weekend. Gonna have my work cut out for me!

#1,882 ·
Hi again. I'm not new, but I didn't realise my account was attached to a defunct email address, so have had to create a new profile.
I have an 2014 F10 520D with M Plus pack and M Performance pack which I've had from new and hanging onto as I don't want to pay the new extortionate VED