BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,840 ·
Hi All, having recently sold my Jaguar XE I'm looking for something that has a bit more life too it and also something that doesn't constantly depreciate whilst sitting on my drive.

I have owned a couple of Alfa 159's in my time which remain the best cars I have ever owned, however the engine range is limited with the 3.0 v6 being poor at best, so I am currently looking at a 645ci or possibly a CLS 55 or 63. I remain undecided at this time.

#1,843 ·
Introducing myself

Good morning everybody. My name is Marco, I live in Italy near Rome. I've got an E60 520 D late 2005 120kW (M47D20 motor) that was my father car...I love it...

I'm an enthusiastic wrencher and I'm not so keen to spend time to the BMW dealer...

I hope to find some help from people in this forum.

Cheers.

Marco

#1,846 ·
Hi all, been a member of forums for Land Rover for 20 years and found them really great. I've had BMW cars since 1986 when they were quite rare out there on the road,,,,, now they seem more common than Ford's! Over the years I've struggled with BMW service/repairs and I think they are consistently getting worse and am now struggling with this one being my last (series 1 E87 116i petrol, 2.0l petrol) as I'm getting older and can't put up with the service dept shenanigan's any more! and don't want to climb around under the car myself as much as I used too.
I'm an engineer and worked for a very large manufacturer in research and development before retiring due to ill health! so know my way around automotive vehicles and find myself appalled at the standards and quality of service at the main dealer. so, until I decide whats next on the drive ill sort it myself!

Final straw was when a rear ABS sensor needed sorting. Checked the sensor... all OK so it was the reluctor ring that needed changing, drive shaft at worst! thought.... couldn't be bothered so of to BMW. Yep! you've got it...……..Well sir you'll need a new drive shaft/UJ and if that side needs doing we'll change the other side as well because that'll be stuffed too. I ask for a quote and with a smile he tells me £1700 ish + vat. no says I. no chance!

It took me about 2 hours on the drive and cost £6.25 INCLUDING VAT!
that was the last in a long line of disasters by this main dealer, the car was bought new, from them and is now nearly eight years old and has only covered just over 40,000 miles!

I also have suspicions that duff parts have been changed on to my car as when I've fault coded them and changed them..... well lets say its very unlikely that my car would have an 07 date stamped sensor fitted! enough said I think!

look forward to talking with you all and topping up my knowledge!

#1,851 ·
Hello!

Hi everyone, new here and to BMW, had my '08 123d for a week now and loving it so far.

I plan to do a lot of small upgrades/styling changes eventually, right now I'm just trying to fit an aftermarket head unit, but the wiring seems completely random, and no diagrams I've found so far match up..hence ending up here!

#1,857 ·

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but not Bimmer ownership. I'm now on my fifth, a 2010 520d M Business Tourer (E61). I also have 2 x 1960s MGBs which I enjoy driving hugely and have taken them on some great road trips. Perhaps the best was over the Alps to Italy. They're cars you have to drive and not just aim, and of course I can do all my own work on them, which is fun too.

#1,859 ·
Hello All!

Hello All,

Having driven multiple BMW's for more than 5 years now, I've used this forum many times to help and understand issues and other things related to the motors through other people experiences. I thought it would be great to join, not only to help myself but to share my experiences and findings with everyone else too.:thumbsup

Currently own a F10 - 520D M Sport , E92 - 320D M Sport Plus, E92 - 318i M Sport Plus & E90 - 318D M Sport!

Regards,
Tinda