BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,815 ·
X5 2004 3.0d

Hello everyone ,Brought my young fella an e36 325i for his 17th bday in mint condition and thought it was an amazing car so went and purchased a 2004 x5 3.0d last week to see what the fuss is about. Will upgrade later after some serious testing on this old girl first :hihi

#1,817 ·
Hiya to all

New on here, I live in Warrington Cheshire and am 63yrs old and about 100 cars in my time - its my hobby - I currently own a 2003 320d cd auto (160,000mls) since October 2017 and had a few problems with it - Faulty g/box - fixed under warranty
More recently swallowed a swirl flap which I new could happen but never got to change it due to the winter cold weather !!
Anyway glad to be on here and I know that I will be asking for help.
Recently bought a 2005 93,000mls mini cooper s (must be a glutten for punishment!!)
I have INPA on a Windows 10 lap top but no cable and will be asking for help about a cable in a separate post.

#1,818 · (Edited)
new geezer !!

hello people , im new to the forum and new to bmw ownership ,

after fettling my sons 320 ci for a few years and being reasonably impressed with the build quality ,i decided to part with my beloved alfa 159 2.4 ti sw .

i have recently bought my self an f31 330 d touring with full m performance kit inc ppk , car sits on slightly lower springs with newley refurbed 19 "alloys .

i have been looking for the right car for 12 months on and off , and have had a good idea of the spec i wanted , ie leccy seats , wide screen nav ,19 ,s privacy glass , adaptive lights and lowish mileage and of course full documentation .

i have just been away with the wife for a week ( 1st holiday on our own for 27 years ) and i thoroughly enjoyed my new car !! and over the course of 400 miles got to grips with the gadgetry .
it is a new addition to our stable of transportation modes which includes an aprilia tuono 1000 , an old air cooled vw camper ( finished restoring it last year ) and the wifes fraud fiesta !!

#1,819 ·
Hello. I live in Edinburgh on normally drive red edition Celica 2005, but was always tempted by BMWs. Instead of having just a second car, I've decided to have a rotating second car, so I can try more of them. Started with 118i (same bhp as by Celica, but a bit not enough!), then E90 325i (brilliant car, brilliant engine), but done with it, so time to sell (I'm going to advertise it here). And now I'm trying to fix and enjoy E92 320d a bit. It's also coupe, so feels fantastic, but it still requires some attention before I can drive it.

Greets to all of you.

#1,834 ·
Hi guys newbie here looking for a weekend toy (roadster) eyeing up 2009 Z4 35i DCT budget will get me one with around 70-80k milage depending on spec/optional equipment.

Anything thing to look out for precisely apart from the usual full service history is there any belts or oil changes to keep an eye out for?

Also any spec you can't do without? I'm not too fussy but who don't like toys.

Cheers

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

#1,837 ·
Hi everyone, just thought I’d introduce myself and my newly acquired wheels....my father in law recently passed, I’ve inherited his 1999 728i E38 with just 131k in the clock. It’s mint inside and out, no real issues (other than the head unit appears to have packed up today!). I haven’t driven a six pot for about 20 years so I’m enjoying my new found ‘gangsta’ lifestyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk