BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,714 ·
Hi

Bought a 2014 320d ED at the weekend.

I'm going to be doing around 600+ miles a week for a least a year. Read this car would be the one for efficiency.

Clocked 70mpg on my first 200 mile trip from Manchester to Cambridge. So, all good! I still need to do a brim to brim test, for a real MPG result.

I've already read some interesting stuff here, so thanks to all contributors & admin etc. Great forum!

#1,717 ·
Hi all, I have recently bought a 2005 330d Msport Touring in Silver ideally wanted a 335d to replace my Subaru GTB (twin Turbo) seemed the way forward having a diesel with over 300bhp. As i was lucky to get 20mpg and even 9mpg on a fun day embarrassing supercars in the Subaru. However funds went elsewhere and a cheap 335d was still unaffordable. So the 330d is just a stop gap until i get some more £££££s together.

The 330d has had swirl flaps removed and DPF delete and has had a remap to supposedly 300bhp which is seems a little enthusiastic. Subaru is running 300+ and seems a lot more aggressive. Also now lowered on coilovers with 19" CSL's. Looking to fit a twin exit exhaust and diffuser as per 335d and front lower bumper corners. Then give it a bit of a tidy up. Well into my cars but first ever BMW and so far i am happy with it be it a few niggles.

I have owned VWs since i was 17 (20years ago). Have done engine conversions and restored many cars over the years. Currently have a VW T5 (work), Subaru Legacy GTB (for sale), 1971 Beetle (race car), 1965 Beetle (wifes), the wife drives the BMW when i'm at work daily.

I trained as a mechanic when i left school then went into restoration and bodywork. Now only as a hobby as i now work in industrial/commercial gas.
Griff

PS I will post one of my niggles elsewhere on the forum and hopefully some of you can give me some advice.

#1,718 ·
Hi all,

a BMW fan from Mozambique, recently joined the forum... have had a lot of BMW´s and currently with two, E60 530D and 1969 1600-2

cheers,

#1,721 ·
How do I post a question?

Hello
I joined this website/forum today to get advice on extended warranties.
PLEASE could someone tell me where the POST button is as I can't find anywhere to actually ask the question I have. Is the only way to POST a question to reply to a question someone has already asked, like I am doing now?
Thanks!

#1,724 ·
Hi there

Hi everyone,
Just bought my first beamer, jumped in at the deep end and bought a
X5 3.od se, beautiful metallic silver colour with Dynamic Package, Media Package, Professional Navigation System, don't really know
great deal about these "extras" but I'm sure i will learn lol. have had a quick look at the manual and there is a steep learning curve coming my way.
but it is a great bit of kit and i'm looking forward to a great driving experience.
you guy's are vey knowledgeable and if i get into trouble i'm sure you will help me out.

thanks in advance johnieboy51

#1,725 ·
Hi all
Just joined the forum today. I have had a 118d Sports for the last 2 years and have just bought a new X1 sDrive 18SE automatic. For a 70 year old I found the the low seating position did not suit my build so opted for a SUV which has been getting good reports in the press

#1,727 ·
Hi fellas, I just did what I never thought I would do and bought a f10 2.0d. It's a 13 plate with so 60k on it and I must admit I quite like it. I had a number of common cars over the years and enjoyed looking after them. This one seems all electronic and sensors everywhere. I'm going to need you're help with this one.
As soon as I figure out how to start a topic I'll ask a few questions
Later

#1,729 ·
New 335d M Sport owner

Greetings all, Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself and my soon to be new motor...

So after a few ongoing issues with an Audi A7 which I have had for the last 2.5 years, I am due to collect my shiny new motor some time later this week / early next.

I was browsing at my local BMW dealership and saw the current deals they have on 3 series diesels, got excited and signed on the dotted line for the following:

335d xDrive M Sport Saloon
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota leather with blue stitching
Interior comfort package (heated steering wheel, folding seats, extended storage, heated seats and sliding armrest
Innovation package (driving assistant, navigation professional, head up display, concierge service, remote service, online entertainment, bluetooth and wireless charging, black panel display full, wifi hotspot prep, speed limit display
M Sport Plus package (19" double spoke style 442 alloys, M Sport braking system, sun protection glass
BMW Icon LED headlights
High Beam Assistant
Harmon Kardon system
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Reversing assist camera
Exterior mirrors - folding with anti dazzle
Electric front seats
Brushed aluminium trim with pearl chrome finisher

I have also opted for the full M performance package with the spoiler, side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser and the 20" allloy wheels. I am having the kit painted in gloss black, which I think should offset the estoril blue nicely.

So all in all I think it's a nicely specced car.. and the deal I believe was great.

I got 0% finance with £5,000.00 deposit contribution and around £8,500.00 discount on the car ontop of the contributions, with a 3 year servicing package included.

A few questions though for you, if you don't mind answering:

1) Is the HK system good? I have had Bose and B&O in Audis which we OK but not awesome. I guess for the cost of these systems you cannot expect them to be amazing. I had a Z4 years ago with the logic 7 surround sound and that really sounded good.
2) Are the Icon adaptive the same as Audi Matrix, or do they just turn with the wheels and automatically dip the full main beam rather than turn off individual LEDs as to not blind oncoming traffic?. My current A7 has the matrix LEDs which are pretty damn cool. Like bloody witchcraft how they work.
3) Does the adaptive suspension go someway to offset the issues with the 335d not having M sport suspension? I have read a few reviews that the standard suspension on the 335d is not great, although they have made some modifications to the LCI models?

Thanks for reading and for any advice you might offer.

Look forward to interacting with you over the coming months.

Oh and one final note, why the hell did they not put dual exhausts on the 335d.. it looks like a 320d from the back