BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,681 ·
Hello all i'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Marian im from slovakia living in UK and i have a huge passion for BMW. I personally don't own a BMW but i used to driver old one 318 E36 1993 i think and since then i understand what everybody ment when they told me BMW's are the best.
One of my big dreams is to own a BMW, don't really have a specific one but probably i would go for M3 E92 :))
I also have a Facebook pages. First page is about BMW only.
Second page is about BMW and Audi as i like Audis as well :) Hope this is not gonna bother anybody and feel free to visit my FB pages :)
Have a good night, see you on next post :D
<3 <3 BMW <3 <3

#1,688 ·
Newbie from Notts

Ey Up me owd Ducks!
New to the BMW scene having just got me a BMW 525i se auto (2001) 47000 on the clock with a BMW service history and I am the 4th owner.

Never had a luxury car in my life...always went for Astra's/Golfs/Fiestas/Fiats/mini clubman...(SSU 407W) so anyone who has it out there let me know cos I want it back....and last but not least an Austin Allegro in bright orange which I sold to a local drug dealer years ago.
I know fook all about BMW'S other than they cost money to run and maintain!

Look forward to talking to ya all.

#1,689 ·
Noob

Hi All, I was on the old forum, but when it changed I followed the email instructions but it did not work.
I had a 320D E46 which I loved, but the swirl flaps went and I ended up with a C180 Kompressor for a few months, but missed the Beemer.
So I looked around and bought another 320D E46, which i've had for about 4 years.
I'm coming up to retirement and am thinking of downsizing, but the turbo has gone on this one.
Is it straight forward to change. What needs removing to get at it, and is there anything on here that would tell me how to do it.

Thanks Ken

#1,690 ·
1st Timmer!

Hi All First time user so please be gentle.
A couple of years back I done some engine work for a mate who has an off road race car fitted with an S62 V8 engine
I had never had a BMW engine apart before and liked what I saw and now I'm considering a similar project for myself except
the class I am considering has an engine limit of 3.5lts N/A no boosting allowed.
Most of the guy's here use jap V6 engines which make great power but I don't really want to race something that sounds like a fart in a coke can so hopefully this is where
you can all chime in and help out.
I've found some specs on M62B35 V8 but having trouble finding conrod info.
I shall post my question officially in the appropriate 5 series thread. If I'm not going about this the right way or posting in the wrong thread please shout out.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Plan B

#1,691 ·
Hello all, fingers crossed will be buying my 1st BMW this Saturday, getting the RAC to do an inspection tomorrow, it's a 2012 X5 40d, Arctic white with the black wheels! Have been looking for an X5 for a few months now on Autotrader, trouble finding one with all the toys on it with the right colour seats, however the one I'm buying doesn't have a sun roof, but has everything else! Will be trading in my 56 Nissan X-Trail which is a manual, never driven an automatic before, the X5's gear lever looks complicated, probably easy than it looks, any buying advice or advice in general would be appreciated, bit nervous taking the gurt thing for a test drive Saturday!

#1,693 ·
Adjusting 325ci 2003 convertible headlights for driving in France.

Hi,
Hopefully I'll have a 325ci convertible here where I live in France, in September next. I'll then have to take it in for the French MOT. It will fail if the headlights are not correctly aligned horizontally. Could anyone advise me as to make the necessary adjustments please? I gather the vertical adjustment is simple but not the horizontal!
Many thanks

#1,695 ·
Hi everyone

New here as a contributor but not so much as a reader, bimmerforums.co.uk is like a converging point for anyone who has ever roamed around the internet, seeking solutions for their bimmers, pretty sure every BM owner landed here at least once :D. I have a bunch of questions to ask but manners first, an introduction seemed the very least I could do and I hope I can contribute to other members as well.

I own a 2004 E60 530d automatic currently displaying 169 700km, bought in january 2016, lovely car but unfortunately running through some issues atm, hoping i'll eventually succeed in having it running perfectly again. I used to own a 1999 E46 323i manual, my first BM ever and an unforgettable piece of mechanic. Too bad I crashed it 2 years ago :'(.

Thank you all in advance

#1,697 ·
Another newb here

With a rather basic (but long) question to start;

At the moment I don't own a BMW (or car for that matter). I've always had company cars but am going self employed, doing local mileage. I'm almost 100% set on a 3 series and would prefer a Touring version. Initial budget is £5000 to get on the road and I am shopping this weekend. I'd prefer the Efficient Dynamics 2l diesel as I'm paying my own fuel bill now. And i'd prefer 2010+ models

I can see plenty of 3 series saloons in my budget but the Touring seems out of my budget with the Efficient Dynamics engine. Is there a decent economical 2l engine in the Touring range from before the ED engine series was released? Also the specs seem all over the shop. Any suggestions, anything to look for, avoid, be careful of???

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I just can't get my head around the differences in specs and engines. I've looked at all sorts of adverts on Autotrader but it's still no clearer to me!!

#1,703 ·
bmw e46 compact obd2 port not communication error

hi there my name is gary i am new to posting but a veteran lurker this site has helped me out so many times but i have a problem that cant be answered by other peoples posts so im posting m own thread to see if any of you bmw geniuses can help me out i have a 2005 bmw e46 316ti compact and the obd reader wont communicate with the car it powers on no problem so i know its not a power issue also i have checked all the fuses and i don't have the round connector under the hood so its not the shared grounding issue i think something is causing a voltage drop on the signal wire i have tried 3 different scanning tools including inpa and a dedicated bmw reader it worked a few months ago so just don't understand someone said if i unplug the ABS/DSC module or the airbag module then it might work but i don't know where the module junction connector is m car has no mot at this time because of the obd reader not working and failing emissions so i want to desperately get this problem sorted even if its only temporary just to pass the emissions any help would be greatly appreciated