BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,656 ·
Greetings from Scotland!

Hi all, I was never really a massive fan of Bm's - didn't dislike them was more into the Jap scene (still miss my MR2 :)). That was until I bought my E46 318CI a year ago. A mate wanted rid as he'd just bought a new Merc and had this sat on his drive since. No MOT, throttle stuck closed and a couple of flat tyres. Forked out the £200 a certain online service wanted for it with a view to fixing and selling on, needless to say here I am with a new plan! M3 GTR one day never?! Keep on rolling!

James

#1,658 ·
Howdy Y'all ....just a Yank over here in Oregon, USA

I got the Bimmer Bug 4yrs. ago when I bought my 1st BMW at an auto auction for a $1000 ... it was a 1992 735il and I haven't looked back since ....... I now own a 1993 740il and a 1998 740i that I just purchased for $575 with only 92K on it ... got to love those auto auctions ......:thumbsup

#1,664 ·
West Yorkshire 2011 635d Se Owner

Am just buying a one owner full bmw service history, BMW approved 2011 635d SE from a local main dealer - stratus grey coupe with 50k, and a bunch of extras such as pan roof, headlights, mirrors, hi-fi, soft-closing doors, 19" elipsoids, and some I can't remember.

Traded my Lexus IS200d plus a wedge for it.

Looking forward to trying it out on the West Yorkshire moorland roads and a trip to Scotland later this year

#1,666 ·
October 2001 E46 LCM repair -

Hi please can someone recommend a company or person who can repair BMW e46 LCM (light control module). Just over six weeks ago my drivers side rear tail lights just stop working. I have tested (via multi-meter) and confirm all the wiring Okay and recently I purchased another LCM from my local breakers yard, which confirmed my original LCM is at fault. I contacted this company at the following web address BMW E46 3 series LCM/LKM repair service. - Cluster Repairs UK.
However Cluster Repairs UK stated that they do not repair BMW E46 LCM anymore. Thus can anyone help me by pointing to another repair company or advise how I can do the reprogram of my replacement LCM so that I remove the anti-tamper dot.

#1,667 ·
Just Joined and have a question on E31 Audio

Hi, I just bought a 1998 E31 with low mileage but quite a lot of accumulated cosmetic neglect - much cleaning and refurb to do. I will be starting with the mechanicals and working through electronics and trim in due course. One question and forgive me if the answer self evident - I've not had time to go digging yet. Did all these 840s have a separate audio amplifier? if so - where is it mounted? The audio in my car is awful and either the head unit and or the amp and speakers need changing. I have found the up-grade post by Jinbal on this forum very interesting so I will be doing something similar. Just wondered if there is an amp where it might be fitted and what best to replace it with - the E36 M3 Harman Kardon seems well regarded.

#1,669 ·
Hi, new to BMW.

Hi everyone in the forums, my name is Sameen from Manchester, U.K.

I've recently bought a 520D SE (F10) m5 replica in a beautiful satin purple wrap. M5 looks with 520d practicality, i can't complain. Cars been remapped to 223bhp by previous owner with printout, full leather inside. The only thing i'd change is the exhaust or something that will help it sound better hence signing up to this forum hoping some of you with more knowledge may be able to help.

As far as i'm aware its got the quad exhausts hooked up not just stuck on as a decoration piece. Any advice would be very helpful, i don't have the slightest idea what to change etc.

Thank you all in advance.

Sameen

#1,675 ·
Hello all, I am back in a 2016 BMW 440i GC (F36) in black with white leather and pretty much every option fitted.

2 weeks in and I've fitted a DTUK tuning box, re-coded the car to add Enhance BlueTooth (one of the few options missing) and ........ (building up the suspense here) .............. (now you're really keen to know what else I could have done to such a wonderful, powerful, classy, distinguished car) .................

........... (ok the wait is nearly over) ............. fitted BMW ............................ (of course it's a BMW thing, I hear you shout with urgency) ................ Door Shadow Projector LED Lights.

I said after my BMW 5 series in carbon, that I would never own another black car, but the F36 came at such a great price and looks so wonderful in Sapphire (at least for a day after cleaning) that i couldn't resist.

#1,676 ·
Hi from Canada, everyone. Just joined. Posted yesterday but probably in the wrong place where nobody including me will ever see it or reply. Haste combined with a lack of familiarity ;-) Maybe later I'll post some queries to more appropriate threads, but meanwhile, as an introduction, here goes.
Recently bought a 2000 328i aka demon possessed car from hell...
Who designed the electrical systems for these cars in those days? Guys who were too inept to work for Lucas electrics? Lol. Pure evil from front to back.
Slowly resolving the fleet of headaches and random glitches. Currently every warning light they ever put in comes on randomly for no reason and may or may not go away. Blower for a/c heater randomly works/doesn't work. Driving me nuts. Wondering if it is the ignition switch. Fixed a lot of problems by putting a proper ground wire to the left taillight. It seems that point is the very heart of the entire electrical system. Gawd what have I done by buying this old car??
Anyone know where the most common source of bad connections or other possible faults are that might explain this demonic possession? I did detect an odor of something possibly hot the first time the blower fan stopped working. It started working again the next day only to give up when I turned on the headlights. I couldn't coax it back into action after that. Faulty FSU (That hedghoggy looking sensor in the climate control system) maybe?
I am not new to cars that can present challenges, although this one is probably the most frustrating yet.
Previous German cars:
1972 Opel GT, 1981 Porsche 931, 2004 VW Jetta 1.8T, 2006 VW GLI
Open to advice on where to look first...

#1,678 ·
My first BMW... And it's life fearinly fun

Hello all.

Well I guess I better introduce myself then. I'm Gareth and I have been living down here in the South East of England since 1999 and that was simply how far I was allowed to go without a passport and as far as I could get from Northern Ireland (My homeland) but I guess I nattering now. So not only am I new here, I am also new to owning a BMW. A 2002 320CI Coupe and I have never driven such a monster and loving every minute..... wait! I'd be lying there as getting to the fuel pumps can be a sobering reminder but feck it I think it's worth it. Now I have little knowledge in cars only learning at best so far of how to service the car (Engine oil change, break pads, filters and spark plugs) mainly because my 206 was a piece of c%*p and after having the head gasket go a second time I guess it might be time to let the car goto scrapheap heaven and live out it's days as cans of Carlsberg Special brew. Now as you can guess going from a 1.4 206 and a 1.6 Streetka, jumping into this 2.0 BMW auto was like going from playing with toy cars on a road rug to Super Mario Kart battle mode.

But I've have come here as I am wanting learn as much as I can about the basic of the car, improve on the bits I can do myself as I know this car isn't going to be cheap to maintain save where I can for when something does go wrong I will have saved up the pennies from the work a mechanic would charge me more than a week or 2 wages.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda legend Engine

I paid £950 for this car which I couldn't tell you if it was a great deal. It's done 135k miles with 10 MOT.

Hope to learn from you all and in the future contribute back some how.

Thanks

#1,679 ·
Hi everybody I just buyed a bmw 325ci 2.5 liter, with 91k miles on board, black coupe from 2005... I am testing the car right now but I am sure that I will come later with some questions I would like to learn to service myself the car hope I can find some help here

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk