BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#111 ·
Still works, both directions and tilt. I try to open and close it once a week to keep all the bits moving. Seems 90% of parts/repairs are good value, the other 10% are really expensive on these cars. Might have a problem with my injections pump . . . . . . got a price the other day . . . . . . :eek

#119 ·
just found this bit . ive been driving e30s for 17 yrs, last car was a 325i sport, still have , not sure wot to do with it .anyway now have the time bomb 320d msort diesel.. nice cars. still getting use to it ..
great site :thumbsup
Hello and welcome to the forum Shnir :), remove the swirl flaps from the time bomb and you will be OK :D

apart from the injectors and turbo :rofl

#120 ·
Miss newbie in distress!!!

Hi all, just purchased a 2000 316 se saloon 3 days ago, perfect until today when it started cutting out, engine and oil light came on..... had a full oil change 5 days ago.......someone mentioned cam sensors and filters can any of you chaps give me some advice ....

many thanks
Tracy

#122 ·
New BM owner

Evening all...........have just privately purchased a 320 d SE W reg with 137 k on the clock, fully stamped up to date service book by main dealers.

Ergo, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any turbo problems!

I used to run and own a crypton franchise back in the 80's but confess my old green screen crypton machine is about to be consigned to the bin. Don't recognise a single component under the bonnet anymore.

Regards

Paddy.

Anyone want a Weber conversion on their old Ford VV by-pass idle carb'......I'm your man.....LOL

#125 ·
Brand new member never been on a forum before help!

Hi everybody,
As I say I am brand new any type of forum but anyway. Iv'e just bought a new M3 coupe 2008 with the auto double clutch which I love. Do i really need to wait the 3000 or so miles before I can give it full throttle as the sticker states on the inside of the wind screen. I live in Jersey which is only 9 miles by 5 so this milage would take 8 months or so. Also do I really have to keep below 55000 rpm. Is this just bmw being extreamly careful.Please let me know I need to put my foot down.Thanks

#129 ·
Hi everybody,
As I say I am brand new any type of forum but anyway. Iv'e just bought a new M3 coupe 2008 with the auto double clutch which I love.
Hi Richard and welcome :)

hi all, another noob here to pick your brains about my e36 316!!!!!
Welcome to the forum Johnny :cool

Hi all, another nooby here to pick brains! Also, I've had my '03 330 clubsport for 2yrs and have lots of advice on wheels & cooling systems I hope will be useful to someone!
Hello Hannah and welcome to the Bimmerforums :thumbsup

#133 ·
New member just checking in!

Been into BMW for 3 years. Currently running a 2000 E39 523i auto tip and a 2004 Z4 3.0i SMG; Great Fun!!
Great to read about everybody else's experiences. Look forward to meeting a few on rallies or drives next year.

Cheers :)

#137 ·
Newb in an aging body

Hardly a newb to the world of BMWs...

I've always said that if I can see any farther than someone else, its because I'm standing on the shoulders of people who've taught me in the past.

I've had some great mentors in the Chicagoland area, chief amoung them Al Valenzo at Patrick BMW, and a young man Ben Thongsai who runs a shop with his father... These are practically the only people I'd ever let work on my cars...(OK, well, Chris Simon too, a good friend, also at Patrick now, and Bill Arnold out in CA...he prepped my Z1 for its cross country drive home!)

None of these guys are keyboard warriers, so we don't see them posting much if ever......There is an even LONGER list of people on different message boards that have been really super helpful.... so it is with this spirit that I come to this board, to teach and to learn at the same time.

Alex.

#139 ·
Hardly a newb to the world of BMWs...

I've always said that if I can see any farther than someone else, its because I'm standing on the shoulders of people who've taught me in the past.

I've had some great mentors in the Chicagoland area, chief amoung them Al Valenzo at Patrick BMW, and a young man Ben Thongsai who runs a shop with his father... These are practically the only people I'd ever let work on my cars...(OK, well, Chris Simon too, a good friend, also at Patrick now, and Bill Arnold out in CA...he prepped my Z1 for its cross country drive home!)

None of these guys are keyboard warriers, so we don't see them posting much if ever......There is an even LONGER list of people on different message boards that have been really super helpful.... so it is with this spirit that I come to this board, to teach and to learn at the same time.

Alex.
Welcome to the forum Alex:cool

I look forward to reading your posts on the forum and hope you'll stay a while:thumbsup

#138 ·
Hello again Alex, if you saw my spanner routine you'd let me work on your car :D

Every car I work on I repair like it's my own, it's a simple thing to me, it's called taking PRIDE in your work :thumbsup seeing people bodge things makes my blood boil :mad

I have a good rep around the garages near me for fixing cars and it's something I'm proud of, so like you I thought I would try and pass it on by helping on this forum :cool

#143 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here...was registered at vw forum as i had silver o4' Passat (B5.5 H/Line 65k miles) 1.9TDi130 which was boring:mad and I sold it...few hours later(!) I was driving home blue 01' E39 530d SE AUTO Saloon with 95k miles which i absolutly love...so far:hihi