BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#868 ·
Bmw m3 evo rough/lumpy idle

Hi all.
Im having a bit of a nightmare with my m3 evo.
It started idling lumpy and lost all top end power.
I took it for diagnostics and came up with inlet side vanos solenoid.
I put a new solenoid in wich wAS great as it was running smooth and had full power.
2 days later the rough idle came back so I put a multi meter to the solenoids and they meazured 4ohms from the centre to either side , so they are working or at least have power In them. Vanos still kicks in at 2500rpm but not 5000rpm hence flat top end and I couldnt even keep up with a deizel merc.ive checked for vacume leaks and perished hoses but all fine, just serviced the car too and cleaned solenoids, coil packs are fine . Anyone help or had the same problem? My 4th m3 evo with lumpy idle issues, but the others were just wirez needed solder back onto solenoid. Thanks

#870 ·
Incoming

Hello everyone. I'm Hossein. I bought my E36 (his name is Buster:cool) 2 mounts ago. I oiled it, I had some problems with resetimg the oil service light and . . . . with I could deal with. I still have some problem that I'll ask in it's topic.
As a matter of fact Foreign cars are so expensive in Iran. I bought my boy, around 30000 $ . While somebody sees this car on the streets, it's like a shotel moving ... it's really suprising and weird for them.
any way I'm glad that I found you!

#874 ·
new!

hey everyone i am new to here! i have a 1998 328i convertible(i wish it wasnt) but anyways i was in a little front end accident in the car about two years ago and finnally i was able to get it back on the road about 2 months ago! i forgot how fun it was to drive but it was a hell of a project and probably my first project i did myself ! but turned out great!:)

#875 ·
Hi all

Recently got my self 07 330d Coupe.

Im learning something new about it every day and love driving it, but every little noise or gimmick is making me go crazy.
Currently when starting the car it lags for about 3 to 5 seconds before engine is running properly.

No idea what it can be.

#876 ·
Just saying hi!!

Hi all,

I've only registered tonight and came across this 'introductions' forum - so here I am.

I'm in the process of buying my dream car - a velvet blue 840CI. Its almost identical to the one on you-tube, (search 'BMW 840') but without the huge schnitzer alloys (one loan at a time!!)

Its certainly not the most practical car in the world - and certainly not the most fuel efficient, but whoever fantasised about a Prius? - the 8 puts a smile on my face everytime I look at the photos of it - the deposits paid and its just a matter of opportunity to collect. You're only here once - right?

I have seen some stunning 840s on the site, and I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and info with other 8 series owners - I might even bump into one of the original owners of the one I'm having on here

anyway.....hello!!

#877 ·
New to Bimmers

Hi all,
Well after finally giving up on the old Alfa 156 due to reliability I thought I it was time I took the plunge ang got something more reliable and purchased a 520d SE 2006 109k on the clock.
I am very impressed by the smooth practically noise free driving and its oodles of power!, its a bit weird not hearing the engine most of the time, however it does sound a bit like a tractor at low revs!.
I am getting around 35mpg and do most of my journeys on the motorway, I would check the engine temp through the console except it doesnt seem to work!, tried pressing the console button, an exclaimation mark appears but then it does nothing and just returns to the fuel consumption., anyone know what the problem is (I have a parking light out would that make a difference?).
John.

#878 ·
323i E36-M52 Brings me here!

Hi folks,

Coming on this forum due to a buy off e-bay :)
Used to browse this forum for reviews on Bimmers when I was looking for my everyday car, but never got to registering and posting.. but now that I own one, thought of getting on.

Cheers,

Gandhar.

#885 ·
Hello Folks!

Yes Im new, I have spent many hours googing info on my car and always end up at this forum. I was the guy that lurked in the shadows pinching all the info without saying thanks or a hello. Kinda rude I know. So I have decided to join up and thank personally any helpers that I come across.

Hope to see you all around on here.

Pieter

#887 ·
Newbee seeks advise

Hi guys and gals I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself , I am a car enthusiast and have owned many BMW's over the years my last BMW being an e46 m3 which I sold recently and my current BMW is an x3 late 2005 model 2.0D manual with low mileage. I love the car as its big and comfortable yet still averages 34 mpg which I think is very good for a 4x4, I toyed with the idea of getting and x5 but they all seem quite thirsty and I already have a thirsty sports car and wanted a practical car that would not use too much fuel. Any way I've since done the swirl flaps on it and cleaned out as best I cold the inlet manifold which as thick with gunge. I currently have 1 problem with the x3 that I hope someone can help me with and its as follows:

When you attempt to start the car from cold it will start and die out straight away, you then try again and it will start and keep running albeit a bit rough until it warms up. To me it seems to be glow plug related so I tried doing the following, get in the car when cold and turn the ignition on and leave it a minuite before cranking or even turn the ifnition on and pff a few times before cranking and sure enough if I do this it starts first time and runs smooth so I ordered new glow plugs and fitted them but the problem still persists. I unplugged the glow plug connectors (all 4 where they click onto the glow plug) and measured the voltage when the ignition is turned on and each glow plug connector is giving out around 2v now this seems a little low to me but I can't find anywhere online what the voltage going to the glow should be so I'm hoping someone can tell me. As I said its a 2.0d engine (m47) and I'm only getting 2v to each glow plug any help would be appreciated.

Mark

#888 ·
hi, just joined forum , and will immediately ask your forgiveness for robbing the magic M57 diesel engine out of a 530d that i drove around for a couple of months . The plan is to fit in my Landrover 110 to replace its original V8 petrol engine . Hoping to find some info to speed things up .

#891 ·
Hello, newbie

Hi I'm jack, new to the whole forum thing but thought it would be a good idea to get tips and how too's for my car, I drive a BMW 116i SE 09 white, recently put Dow bbs rs alloys on it stretched tyres, I'm looking for a range of things in the forum apart from, I'm afraid to saying tunning my car, getting insured on the car was hard enough and getting insured with it being slightly tunned would be almost impossible aha.