BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#714 ·
Hi Guys

Hi All,
after years of owning BMs thought its time to sign up, currently have a 323i saloon E36 having few mods n toys added, and a E36 318i cab garaged for modification.

#715 ·
Timing Chain Problem

Does anyone have information regarding the 1 Series 118d timing chain and crankshaft issues? From looking at other forums I got the impression this was a frequent occurance and BMW were ignoring the problem. My car is 2007, had 54,000 miles when the timing chain broke.

#716 ·
Does anyone have information regarding the 1 Series 118d timing chain and crankshaft issues? From looking at other forums I got the impression this was a frequent occurance and BMW were ignoring the problem. My car is 2007, had 54,000 miles when the timing chain broke.
Hi m8 cant help you with you prob and i guess you wont get any help posting in the wrong section !! go to forum index and look for the correct section dont forget to include you car make age ect in your post title,would suggest you read fully forum rules also before mod's quite rightly bump your thread
but good luck

#718 ·
Hi all, I've already posted and met a couple of you. I've only just seen this thread... like most people with car problems I googled and found this site, (amongst a lot of others) this was the only one I got real help with :)

I'm a 47 year old male with the brain of an adolescent. I enjoy the occasional Newcastle Brown, follow F1, scuba dive, have jumped out a plane & flew one. I spend far too much time on the PC, and play Battlefield Field 3 far too much as well. I work as a maintenance engineer at a printing firm.

My current car is a 2006 530d (e61) with all the goodies. Hopefully soon to be changed to a newer 330d coupé.

Current motor:

Look forward to chatting with you all and trading info'

#719 ·
BMW 328i Touring

Hi guys n gals,

I have a BMW 328i Touring (Manual) 1996 with just under 100,000 on the clock. I am hoping to sell her and get a newer model and as I can't find any others for sale on t'internet I was wondering if you have any idea what she may be worth? :cool

#720 · (Edited)
Hello All

Hi there,

My name is Jack, I'm new to BMW and to this forum. I've just bought myself a '96 840Ci in Orient Blue.
Just wondering whether I'm the youngest 8 Series owner on here. Anyone else younger than 21?

Forgive the monumentally cheesy picture, it was for a family scrap book! Thought it might be a good way to introduce myself and the car to the forum.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

:lol

#723 ·
Hi all

Hi there im new to bimmers and am looking forward to tuesday when i get my hands on my very first 3 series! Its a 1997 318i se with a blown head gasket! :hihi ill be fixing it with a friend in my free time so ill be back here alot for hints and help! Ill post photos as it goes on! Awesome forum btw!

#724 ·
Hiya Folks,

New to the forum so wanted to say hello.Having had a nightmare with my last car a Jaguar s-type that the engine management light went on every couple of days and cost a fortune before dying totally,decided to go back to a BMW.My dad had the old box shape and then the more streamline one and never had trouble so i have gone for a 2005 E60.Bodywork has a few scratches that need taking care of and the insides a bit grubby so will get a pro valet done.Also trying to source new pull handles for it (the ones that connect up with the window buttons) as they are a bit worn and nasty looking.

So far happy with the purchase and so glad to find a forum like this.Just hope i dont bore everyone with stupid newbie questions because i think until i am up to speed i may be like that.

Cheers all,

Jon

#725 ·
Thx to all posts I've enjoyed

My 1997 328i was resurrected from terrarium status (5 years in my friends driveway without a door even opened) until I adopted it. Thanks to many posts I have replaced different parts with absolutely no previous experience. Before I found this site, I paid a mechanic to flush fluids and get it running. Engine is great with only 80,000 miles but everything rubber and plastic is slowly requiring replacement and everyone who has contributed E36 info is appreciated.

#728 ·
thought I'd try one!!!

I had a 320 some 15 years ago between a couple of Scoobies.....I was dissapointed.....less power but similar fuel consumption................I've now bought (ast week) a 2008 E91 Touring....metalic black with ivory leather...320d SE and now remapped. Certainly with just over 200 bhp and 430 Nm it is reasonably quick and boy it is economical if reigned in.....just tdone 150mile trip to pick up a towbar (£30 ebay including electrics) always doing the speed limit apart from a coupe of 3 figure overtakes I averged just over 63 mpg (computer).

#730 ·
Hello

Howdi names Donal:)I'm restoring an 1993 e36 320i coupe I've recently changed the drivers door due to damage and replaced it with an 98 318is door but the wiring is slightly different the window doesn't function im so close to finishing the car too. any help would be more then appreciated Cheers.

#731 ·
Ron

Hi, I,m Ron, and the owner of a 320d E46 Tourer 2003 for the last 5 months, I have already removed swirl flap, and all the normal filter changes, cleaned EGR valve and at present am looking at remapping, so will contact the forum later for advice on the matter.

#732 ·
Hi all,

I am actually a long time member of Bimmerforums however I am now trying to promote my new FB page 'Star my Car' Star my Car | Facebook

I would love it if people could support a fellow petrolhead and like and share the page, if you want to upload some pics that would be fantastic aswell. I look forward to seeing some of you on there soon (hopefully:thumbsup) The more members and pics we get, the better the future incentives become!

Many thanks
Andy

#736 ·
Hi all, picked up my first BMW 2 days ago. Its a 2003 330d M Sport (204bhp version). I'm already loving it!

There are a couple of niggly things that I need to sort (including the rather irritating windows that come down every time it unlocks problem which only developed the day after I picked it up!) but overall I have to say, I think it's a fantastic car!

I live in Sheffield and run an Industrial Design business, I do a fair few miles per year so I'm hoping it proves reliable and relaxing to drive!

All the best, Tom

#738 ·
Hi Everyone, ‘ Just posted some photos which may stimulate discussion such as; E92 v the old E36 Coupe; the task of keeping a black car nice, etc - hope so! The Hellrot 328C’s still mine after 11 years, in a line of many petrol BMs. E92 is the recent addition, a 325d manual, which keeps me with the straight six, and gives a fabulous response between 40mph and 90 schleps. 40-41mpg on the inaccurometer; I think that’s 36-37 - fine imho, when enjoying punting around locally. In the parallel world, I’ve seen 60 on this meter, economising once on the motorway with a wind behind! Have had a lot of useful guidance on here from one or two experienced modern generation diesel drivers, which is very helpful if you’re keen on cars but know very little about these new diesels. But I have to admit, we put a twenty in the glovebox every time we fill up, because with keeping our cars for ever, we want a separate fund specifically in case of requirements for new turbo, injectors and DPF which may otherwise render it at least financially scrap prior to 10-15 years / 100-120k miles. Averaged out, and allowing for some other running cost differences too, it’s then appearing financially identical to having a 30mpg, 3 liter petrol coupe, and with similar performance, if I kid myself. That still feels kind of wrong and right at the same time, but my alternative choices were 125i or 135i Coupes, and for me personally, this is overall the better car. Hey, all that lot must generate discussion, and yes, we do empty the glovebox! Photos in “firstdiesel’s Gallery” / vb Gallery, as I deleted the one image from my Album and lost my albums facility – dohh! Cheers All, Robert (firstdiesel)