BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Daddycool1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#665 ·
Hello from and Audi fan!

Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself :)

After almost joining the BMW ranks about 8 years ago, I'm finally now taking the plunge after years of Audi ownership! Still got a TTS in the garage, but was looking to trade my A3 for the new A4 and thought I'd try the E90 3 series saloon as well to be sure the A4 was what I wanted.

Have to say that the A4 was a real disappointment, and this comes from someone who's had various Audis through the years - the steering was absurdly light, and the pedals are unpleasantly offset to the right. So much to my surprise, ended up opting for a 2011 E90 320d M Sport which I pick up in a couple of weeks. The interior is still not quite up to Audi standards IMHO, however it was a lot, lot closer than I had expected it to be, and with the dynamics and general drive being so much better, it ended up being a no-brainer.

So can't wait to pick her up and get involved in the forums :)

#666 ·
BMW beginner...

Hi Folks, recently joined the BMW clan, with aquisition of an aged 320ci convertible, learning from you all about the foibles of hood leaks, blocked drain holes, missing number plate light lens etc. All good stuff, and ultra useful for a novice owner. Super motor though. Cheers all, Harry.

#667 ·
Hi all, I think I've finally made it...

To BMW land..

Neil from Darwen, Lancashire here.. long timer on the Vauxhall forums..

After an abortive attempt to get a 330d coupe last year and after viewing some shockers I've just put a deposit on this..

530d M-Sport, 08 plate, 48k miles and coming from Approved BMW.

I'm glad of the warranty whilst I learn more about it (swirl flaps? Eeeek!) and all I need to sort is a connection for my ipod... hopefully picking it up in the next couple of weeks when the dosh finally arrives!

So, expect questions, and hello again...:)

#672 ·
newby

hi all this is my first post on this site or any other.this is all new to me.been a bm owner for 8 years now.current car is 318 dse 2004.had it 5 years without a blip then the other day the dse light came on, the car stalled and wont restart.engine management light is on.was just trying to get a heads up before i book into garage for a diagnosis.any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
dean

#674 ·
new to being a bmw nonce driver

i've not long had my first bmw and i bought a boot lid for mine so i can change the spoiler but i bought the wrong type. a saloon instead of the coupe version that i needed cos i didn't realise they were different cos i'm a dick lol.

#677 ·
Hello, my name is gary and im a new member with afew questions :)

Hello

I have just bought a second hand BMW 1 Series 118 Diesel sport (122) BHP on a 54 plate.

Im still not exactly sure of how to search or look about on here, as to be honest ive not had the time to look properly yet, (everything seems to happen at once ;-) ) So i thought i would be ok to just ask:

1 )My first question and ptobasbly the most simpliest is that this car has leather seats, is it ok just to use any Leather treatment / shine? or is it best to get a certain type or brand? also how often would it need doing roughly? As the whole car is in top condition apart from a bit of wear and tear on the steering wheels and keys.

2nd

Ive notived that although the speakers are high quality its not very loud, and i would like to have a good stereo system however im not sure of what to do about the following:

a) taking the old BMW Stereo to fit a new one and also a amp out will this mean i need to undo the entire dash board?
B) Can i get the BMW trim to go around the new stereo? If so where is the best place to go for this? do i need to purchase a certain type of stereo to do this? Also it would be great to have a stereo where it can still be connected to the steering wheel as it is on the standard Stereo?

C 1) if changing the stereo does not help improve the loudness and quality of the speakers, im thinking i may need to upgrade them? is this possible and if so what is it best to upgrade them to? I only want to use 1 Amp.

C2 ) Or would it be a better idea to install a set of 6 X 9 seperately on top, this is what i had in my old car but that was just a Peugeot, i really dont want to cut wholes in the Tray of the BMW so if i was to to add 6 X 9 How would i go aboput doing this i have seen 6 X 9 Boxes but how would i secure them in the back? Im guessing other people must have had this problem or wondered the same.

D) I notice that on the the Steering wheel it has the phone symbol, is this easy to connect my Iphone too? And would this bring the sound through my speakers? i presume i would still need the hands free kit to speak back? Any help on this would be great although please bare the above in mind, if i need to change the stereo for a different one and in doing so means i cant connect the phone to the car etc... then please do not waste your time explaining, as i need a decent stereo system :D

sorry about the length of my questions but just wanted to get them out there and hopefully get some idea of what needs to be done in time for the weekend ;-)

many thanks Gary

#678 ·
Hi

I have just bought a second hand 1 series for 6600 in great condition, and ive had to take my old car to a family friend to be fixed shortly before hand and he said he read some in some motoring magazine that BMW 3 Series has been voted the most unreliable car for buying second hand so you may want to keep this in mind and lok the car over good.

#679 ·
HI to all!

Hi, to all, just thought id say hello before thrashing your brains with all my questions! n to thank every one in advance for any info you my give!
i like to think im prety handy with my tools but always search the net to find things out first! (many heads are always better thatn one).
but i have little experiance with diesles! ive just bought a 2002 build 320D!

i have a few issues already so ware do i post???????????? cheers jimmy:D

#681 ·
New to site and like to say thanks! DSC light and Handbrake light intermittent

Hi, my names Mike, i drive 320D 2004 i recently had a problem with my DSC light and handbrake light being intermittent and was very annoying, i started reading on this forum of all the different things it could be and there were a lot of different things it could have been. i had my codes read and it showed Return pump, pressure sensor, pressure sensor 1 and level sensor. now looking at that i thought it would cost a fortune but much to my relief i started reading bimmerforums now although what i read never was the problem bimmerforums seemed to give me some hope that my problem was not as serious as some poor chaps on here with the lights i mentioned being on permanently. im saying thank you for that hope and if anyone reads this if they could help others could you please add my problem to the correct forum.

i simply did all the normal checks brake sensors ( although they are a different light so dont waste your time )
brake fluid ( my brake fluid was over the max as i recently had my pads changed, a pipette solved that but lights still on and off )

now call me stupid but this has worked and my light has not been on since, i simply removed the cap of my brake fluid and give a little shake to make sure it wasnt the level sensor all seemed to be fine after shaking it and the light did not come on for 3 days and then it did, i was slowly giving up when there is an obvious connection on the brake fluid cap, i removed it and give a lucky blow ( as you do ) put it back on and that was it, my lights have not been on since and im guessing when doing my brake pads etc my connection and simply come loose.

i know it seems a lot of writing for such a simple job but really thank you, and hope this helps anyone

#682 ·
Hello

Hey All,

Had a lot of german cars and i love them, been into anything VAG for the last 10 years, in more recent years i bought a 911 as a project, which i love but is currently of the road :(

Last year with our first baby due i started looking for a family wagon, after having owned 4 Audis 3 Vw's i decided we needed a change and ended up buying a e90 330i Se ( i wanted an m sport but this se was really well spec'd ), and i love it.

After 6 months of spending all our money on baby stuff we are now starting to think about modifiying, i dont want to do too much, but being that this is my first bmw i thought i should get on the forums!!

Look forward to more posts in the future!

#685 ·
Hello ,
My name is Bart, im' from Poland , but I live/work on the Isle of Man - Douglas. I'm one of the owners of RACEISM.pl

My first beammer was black e36 320i coupe, I bought it in 2005, swap engine for 2,8 , paint on white and put loads of carbon fibre on the car ;) Sold it in june this year. Car was all the time in Poland.
In 2010 I was working on the IOM and bought here my first M3 E36 Coupe 3.0 , I held it for about 4 months only and sold it in Poland for drifting ;)
Now I'm back to IOM again and have here E36 M3 Evo Saloon a bit modified ;)