BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Daddycool1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#41 ·
ive done all the torque settings right
got all the marks in the right places
dont know if it needs resetting on the ecu or not
but all its doing is missing
its trying to run but alas
then it started raining
then the misses started shouting at me
why aint the beema fixed
help me

#42 ·
hi everyone

im big neil
ive got a 318i e36 m43 engine
got a few problems
at the moment
just changed the head gasket on my car
now it wont run
all the marks are in the right place
it trys to run
but it wont pick up
put in new plugs
new leads
ive even set it up with the
crank 180 degrees out just in case
but still no joy
any body know
if i have to have it reset
in the ecu
and me bitch is screaching at me
about the car aint working
can anybody help
A BAFFLED BIG NEIL:confused

#43 ·
im big neil
ive got a 318i e36 m43 engine
got a few problems
at the moment
just changed the head gasket on my car
now it wont run
all the marks are in the right place
it trys to run
but it wont pick up
put in new plugs
new leads
ive even set it up with the
crank 180 degrees out just in case
but still no joy
any body know
if i have to have it reset
in the ecu
and me bitch is screaching at me
about the car aint working
can anybody help
A BAFFLED BIG NEIL:confused
Welcome to the forum bigneil :)

Hmm. What was wrong with the car to make you change the headgasket?

DId you follow the BMW tech procedures for doing the repair?

Did you check the head for warpage?

How was the car running before you did the head gasket?

more info needed mate!

#47 ·
greetings to all -- i am a retired/disabled master auto technician--factory trained by GM(buick)--left them in '87 --worked private/independant garage 'til i hired on to our public transit company--fixed busses for 2yrs--electric rapid transit trains for another 10--never thought i'd own a bmw but...front engine,rear wheel drive/independant suspension is my thing...so i snagged a 2000 528it w/115000 MILES last month--nice car,but like every thing...room for improvement. i have a few turbocargersand intercoolers(charge air coolers) left over from various projects/deals in the past--this could get INTERESTING

#53 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum

Hi all

First time to this forum and I'm in desparate need of some help. My o/s wing mirror was side swiped recently on my E46 323 coupe, snapping it off completely! I've sourced a replacement wing mirror, but have no idea how to replace it!

Can anyone advise a site where I can find instructions how to replace the wing mirror or can they talk me through the process - I'm sure it's not too difficult, but I may be wrong!

Any help or advise, much appreciated.

Thanks
JP

#55 ·
Hi all

First time to this forum and I'm in desparate need of some help. My o/s wing mirror was side swiped recently on my E46 323 coupe, snapping it off completely! I've sourced a replacement wing mirror, but have no idea how to replace it!

Can anyone advise a site where I can find instructions how to replace the wing mirror or can they talk me through the process - I'm sure it's not too difficult, but I may be wrong!

Any help or advise, much appreciated.

Thanks
JP
hi JPC

Welcome to the forum

Please post a new thread in the E46 subforum requesting help with mirror replacement and we will try and guide you through it :)

cheers

#61 ·
Hi all total noob to the world of BMW and jumped right in with both boots having bought a 00/01 735i off the popular internet auction site lol.
No doubt I will be populating the forum with countless bone questions so please bear with me and all your help will be very welcome.

Cheers Si

(P.S. car is a beast and i love it so far!)

#66 ·
#70 ·
Hi frazmuz, welcome to the forum.:D

Love the cars, i've heard nothing but good thingd about the 325i E30:goodvibes but unfortunately never experienced being in one.:frown

With regards tho the handbrake, is it the typical " one side not working as well as the other?

Do you do the mechanical repairs yourself and are you familiar with the handbrake set up on the car?

#73 ·
Haven't got a beemer - YET!

Hi. 1st forum and 1st BMW Newbie all round

I have got my heart set on a 1980'S 3 series Cabrio and would love some advice on best/worst of the bunch. Looking to spend less than £1500. What is max mileage to consider, best engine, ease of maintenance, parts availability, common faults that sort of thing. Will be used for summer cruising and kept garaged.

Help!!!!!

H

#76 ·
Hi. 1st forum and 1st BMW Newbie all round

I have got my heart set on a 1980'S 3 series Cabrio and would love some advice on best/worst of the bunch. Looking to spend less than £1500. What is max mileage to consider, best engine, ease of maintenance, parts availability, common faults that sort of thing. Will be used for summer cruising and kept garaged.

Help!!!!!

H
Welcome to the forum TLH :)

#80 ·
Thanks for the welcome - I haven't got any photos yet but will take some - she's a pretty standard coupe- steel blue with a spoiler. Feels a lot lower to the ground than the aloon - anyone know what the difference is? Great motor though and loads of fun to drive.

Chris

#81 ·
Hi

Im a 21 year old BMW Lover, i have always wanted one and finally was able to afford a 1994 318is with an M3 Kit on

I looove it it is sexy!!

Im looking for any kinda of hints and tips to help me with my new car so message me if u have any :)

And thanks!:lol :D