BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#355 ·
Hello I just want to introduce myself. Iv owned my 1995 BMW 328i for ten years.
She's just topped 127,000 miles with really no major problems. I find a forum such as this gives you the encouragement to do the little jobs that are just starting to show. Thanks.:hihi
hi everyone! im ade from reading. :)
Hello and welcome to the forum:thumbsup

#357 ·
Having had a 1986 320 petrol 2 door (Oh she was gorgeous) I then got an E 36 TDS in dark green which with its tow bar and 2.5l diesel engine my wife lovingly referred to it as The Hulk. It served us well on long trips to The Alps and The Isle of Lewis.
We are now enjoying our black 320 M sport Touring. With large alloy wheels and low profile tyres, black leather seats and lowered suspension it is not quite so utilitarian as The Hulk, but we get to our destinations a whole lot sooner

#359 ·
BMW E38 Nov 1999 728i

Hello, folks. My name is Richard, I was a lapsed BMW owner who flirted for four years with a 3ltr Laguna estate, but really missed my 530V8 Touring. Could finally hold out no longer when I saw a cracking low mileage 728i, the pre Chris Bangle model, for sale not too far from where I live.

Previous BMWs were a 525, a 525 Si and the already mentioned 530.

Also have a 1999 Range Rover Autobigraphy, 4.6ltr, running on LPG.

Anyone got thoughts on putting the 728i on gas?

Already enjoying reading the forum.

#363 ·
i need help with my e39 instrument cluster

how can i start a thread ??? i need to know if any1 can help ive bought a bmw e39 520ise and the instrument cluster is not working the rev counter the speedo the mpg the fuel gauge and milage dont work but theres power there the lights work the air bag,handbrake,abs etc ive read some forums saying it could be the speed sensor but i dont think its that as i still get the milage range on the radio display ive checked the plugs on the back and they are all in.:confused

#367 ·
EGR Valve cleaning

Hi,I am new to the forum and have a 2000 E39 530d .Having read the posts about swirlf flaps I will be changing them ASAP.People are talking about cleaning deposits from EGR valves etc.I was wondereing if this cleaning can be done in an Ultra sonic tank without damage as this type of cleaning is very thorough.Has anyone tried it?

#368 ·
Hi,I am new to the forum and have a 2000 E39 530d .Having read the posts about swirlf flaps I will be changing them ASAP.People are talking about cleaning deposits from EGR valves etc.I was wondereing if this cleaning can be done in an Ultra sonic tank without damage as this type of cleaning is very thorough.Has anyone tried it?
Hi and Welcome :thumbsup

Not many people are going to see your question here-if you post in the 5 series forum you'll get the answers you seek :thumbsup

#370 ·
hello!

hi everyone. im justin, absolute BMW nut! my love affair with the brand started with my work experience at school, shadowing a technician, and despite the odd lapse, nothing beats a beemer!
have owned so far( although the current one is a keeper :) )
E30 316
E30 320i
E30 325iS
E36 318iSE
E36 320iSE
E36 328iS coupe (current car)
E28 520i
E28 525i
E34 520i
E32 735i

nice to meet you all :)

Reactions: Ronnie
#371 ·
Hi everyone new member just joined.

Have read the threads many time on Bimmerfest, but now decided to register to share my opinions and advice with you all, have been a proud owner of several BMW’s the latest being an 2006 E90 330i se auto (everyday car) with conversion to run LPG.
Love the car to bits, have noticed on the forum and part used BMW car sites in the U.K. that this must be a rare model when you look at all the Diesels in the market.
It was my choice to go the petrol route as I love the engine and going LPG made me wish that I did not convert my previous BMW E34 525 auto (I still own 150,000 miles) as it would have saved me several thousands pounds plus on petrol.
For the weekend dry days only, I drive a TVR Chimaera 4 litrs since 1996, fun to drive and I don’t compare between the cars I drive.
I’m a petrol head and don’t I know it.
Best regards to all. Stuart. :)