BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,789 ·
Sunny Spain but lost the Vert

I used this a fair bit over the years but no idea what my username etc was.

I had a nice hellfire vert forr a few years, loved it. Every Spanish youth would stop me and ask to buy it. The young Spanish do love thier motors. In the end I caved into one of them during a broke period. Prob first car I have truly missed.

I just bought the missus an old 328i, 25k miles a year commute with 180k miles on the clock and Im hoping to get this baby through 2 years if I can. Not a bad buy cos its RHD over here. My other car a RHD too tho both cars registerd over here they are both one owner from new British originally. Hope with the help of the great minds on here we can achive that.

:thumbsup

#1,794 ·
Hello

Hi Everyone

I am a new member. I ordered my first BMW in January (540i MSport Saloon).:D

I was meant to be driving it 2 weeks ago but the dealer tells me that there is a Quality Control issue and BMW won't release it for registration. Anyone else experienced the same?
They have sent me a 520D (Hire car) to "tide me over" until it is released. :mad

I can't find any other info about the QC issue. Any assistance is appreciated.

#1,795 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have now had my Mineral Grey 330D 2014 just shy of 2 years.

Great car, thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Though I am craving a little more power, I must admit. Hence I have him booked in to MSL performance for a stage one map tomorrow morning. I managed to talk myself out of swapping it for an M240i a couple of months ago. I was put off by the size to be honest.

Here’s a couple of pictures of him today after a couple of subtle modifications.

I do have a couple more mods lined up which I will divulge over the coming weeks should anybody be interested!

Brad [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,798 ·
Can I ask if your rear splitter etc are eBay jobs? Or genuine M Performance?

If they are aftermarket are they a good fit etc? Thinking of doing the same

Jealous of that colour, grey is always my preference, but couldn’t source a 335 with the same toys etc as my estoril [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#1,796 ·
Hi All

Newish, joined last year, had a 323i 2.5 e36 until last week, had to sell as it needed quite a bit of work which I was unable to do as I haven't got a garage at the mo. Now have a 320i e92, problem I have got with it, had the service book but NO owners handbook, does anybody know where I can download a UK spec owners handbook from.

#1,797 ·
Morning all , just joined today to gain an insight into the BMW world as i have never owned one in my 33 years for driving.

Picking my white F32 up on Sunday from BMW Manchester and looking forward to the drive home to Glasgow.

Jumping ship from the MB brand as i have owned my CLS for almost five years and it is time to move onto pastures new.

Sharing the driveway with the BM will be a Juke (wifes) , 107 (daughters) , Clio (sons) , in the garage is a ZX12r and two ZRX1100`s one of which is almost stock and the other has been built from a frame which has been monoshocked and has a Busa front end fitted along with many other additions so there is plenty of mechanical things that require some spanner twiddling to keep me busy during my days off work which also involves spanner twiddling as an engineering manager for a national newspaper.

Regards - Kenny

#1,799 ·
Hi everyone.
I have just joined up!

I currently have a 335i n54 coupe.

I am planning a few power upgrades and hope to pick up some good advice. Its my first time tuning a BMW although I have had experience with my, now gone, Fiat coupe 20vt. Fccuk is one of the best forums I have ever been a member of. A very active forum with lots of advice and meets etc.

I have owned many bmws over the years including two M3s.

I am currently booked in for an Evolution map at the end of the week. After this I will plan some bolt ons such as downpipes, intercooler etc.

Any how thanks for letting me join.

Cheers

Kevin McNamara

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#1,801 ·
Which B93 to buy?

I don't know if you could spare a minute for some advice please? I really fancy a B93 as a daily to keep the miles off my Mk3 Focus RS. I've been offered a pristine 2008 1 owner 320i 30,000 miles £9000 by someone I know, full dealer history, immaculate. I know this is the safe bet but I am tempted by a few 330d's for similar money or not much more, 40-50,000 miles. What would you recommend or would you spend the extra on a facelift model? Is it worth waiting for satnav and i-drive? I'm more concern with which is less likely to give me problems as I intend to keep it long term. I'm thinking the immaculate 320i with history I know, manual gearbox and less toys is going to cost me less headaches than a 330d off eBay or Gumtree or Autotrader I don't really know the provenance of?

#1,804 ·
Hi there just signed up . I have a E46 touring in tapar blue . Looking on advice where to get OEM mudflaps . Car had them.already and left marks where they had been for a long time lol . Plus I tow with car and stopping that extra muck flick will help protect things . Any info good ..just bought the universal ones and there no where near the quality of fitment of the originals . Pic of bus ?⬇⬇⬇

Attachments

#1,805 ·
Hi there my wife just got a 3 series SE 2012 and last night and tonight when getting home she couldn’t open the drivers door even though the button was up . So I got out the passengers door and the door opened the 2nd time I tried it . Has anyone else had this and what would remedy the problem .

#1,809 ·
Hi all just bought my first BMW a month ago, its a 2015 M4, up to now I've fitted a tuning box which has give it a nice power boost, also had a GTS DCT and diff flash and all 2018 software updates thanks to Henry :thumbsup

View attachment 248802
View attachment 248810
Hi and welcome.
Im a newbie too. I have a 335i and an evolve remap. 372bhp and just over 400lb/ft.

What sort of gains did you get on your car?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk