BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#244 ·
scottish newbie

hi guys
ive had my bmw since august an e46 330D SPORT
its the second bmw ive had , last one was another
3 series but a bit tamer than the current one
bmw 318 tds se

had a few teething problems so far, worst one being
the crank case pulley wheel shearing
new one fitted now and all belts done
the e46 diesel 3 litre is a dream to drive:thumbsup

#246 ·
New to forum and first time E36 328i owner

Hi all,

Just bougt 328i Coupe Auto 1998 to save me getting soaked through the winter, as I normally commute on a Triumph Daytona 955i. Had it 4 days and thoroughly enjoying the experience.

:D

#249 · (Edited)
Hello All

Not done my intro yet so thought I'd give it a blast.

My names Chris (32yo) and I'm a recent first time BMW owner living in Manchester. Lookin forward to some serious Bimmer chat as I've just given up the 9-5 to become a full-time dad for my 12 month old boy Edward:eek (The missus is a star!).

I bought my 323i coupe from my home town (Chesterfied) a few weeks ago and it drives great (thanks Steve). The idea was to downgrade from all the expensive oil burners I've had last five years so sold the Jaguar and banked the difference. Though the Jag was nice the BM drives just as good, even tough she's 10 years old;) Have done a few minor cosmetic issues thus far (emblems, wheel centres, leather re-con) still need to fix a couple paking dints / scratches and source some new mats.

Anyone recommend a top quality mat retailer or a good dent-man Manchester way? Also would you recommend I buy genuine or aftermarket mats?:thumbsup

(Mats now sorted from www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk - Still need a dent-man though???)

#250 · (Edited)
New to forum and BMW

Just wanted to post a message to say hello. Just bought myself a BMW last week. Mainly due to the my laguna breaking down when on holiday and being told the bottom end had gone! Great! :frown

So went to PeterVardy in Edinburgh to have a look at what they had (advert was tempting with free 12 warranty, emergency service and free MOT in a year)

Was back there this week to pick up my new car.

03 plate 325i Sport Auto
black leather interior
18" alloys
the works! :cool

So had a nice 250 drive home up the A9 to get a feel for the car and it is brilliant. i am now in love with the car :D

Anyway hoping to have a look around and hopefully post a few pics.

Mark

#253 ·
Lurking in the shadows long enough!!!!!!!

Hi to everyone on this great forum...now this is where i get flamed...recently bought a 316i Compact 1996.....previous owner has run into the ground..petrol in oil, which i suspect is one of the injectors leaking.as one is making a loud tapping rather than ticking....back box looks like someone has got to it with a can opner.....windows didn`t work and nor did the mirrors.luckily I`ve managed to sort out them 2 very minor glitches but stumped with the injecters..got new ones but can`t seem to find a manual to describe how to get to them and replace..any pointers would be great....even better if it would be in idiots language as I`ve never owned a beemer...anyways.ramble over.

#254 ·
Geoff, it would be best to post your issue in the E36 section, that way more people will see your issue and respond :thumbsup

When you post your thread, please title it correctly as per the forum rules, e.g. 1996 E36 Compact 316i - Replacing injectors ;)

#255 ·
316i 04

Hey people, new to this and new to the world of BMW but loving it. got my car as damage repair, decent job done on it and very reliable. But cause of this didnt get a manual with it. Ive maanged to work out alot of it just by trial and error, but wanted to know how do i know what E type my car is?

Mine is a 316i 04 plate petrol 1.8 (1796cc).

Also where can i get a manual from?

Any help much appreciated.

Kal

#259 · (Edited)
New to forum - 1997 E39 525tds

Hi all.....after months of lurking and surfing, I finally decided to join. Actually had my car over 2 years now, a '97 E39 525tds (M51 engine). Engine run in nicely at 127,000 miles. When I bought it, I changed the old tired looking steel wheels for some 'proper' BMW 16" alloys - nothing startling, but greatly improved the look of the car. I also changed the headlights to Angel-Eyes, the old Hellas looking distingly cataract-ridden!

I'm very pleased with it, for its age it is beautifully smooth with quite enough power for me.

Most of my tinkerings have been with the headlights, hence my months of surfing. I'll put these together and, once I learn how and where to post correctly, I'll stick them on here. For instance, I've read lots about Depo AE headlight fitting, but how do you repair them if they go wrong? I've replaced a halo ring for a tenner and even made my own bulb retaining clips for next to nothing!

Looking forward to lots more reading, it's a great forum.