BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  G20 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

This post has been deleted
#214 ·
Hi all, im Leroy, i have posted a few times, but dont think introduced myself. I grew up riding motorbikes, settled down then became a car driver zzzzzzz or so i thought, after the usual metroes,vectras and the like i bought a E36 323i SE and the difference well i have a grin from ear to ear, i will be doing some mods when cash allows, and i will try to keep you all posted :)

#216 ·
Just joined, hello all, the names James but mates call me Jimmel (as in Jim'll Fix It). Bit about my cars, When i turned 17 i bought an E30 Alpina B3 but to date havent drove it, its in the garage awaiting an engine transplant but have spent all my money on the 'BEAST that is my M3 Evo so can afford to do it just yet but im chuffed to bits with my current ride and the missus loves it, thats allways a plus side to drving a car like that. Anyway, hope to get some good info and advise from you guys, Thanks.

Jimmel

#218 ·
New member, buying a 3 series soon

Hi, I'm Richard and I'm a BMW owner to be...

I'm going to be looking for a nice 3 series in the near future, ideally a 2.5 or 3 litre. Will be reading and learning of what to look out for when buying!

Looks like a good forum you've got going - :thumbsup

#229 ·
Whats happening?

My names Jamie and I drive a 316 compact, Only been driving for almost a year, Need to get a few years no claims before I get me an M3:thumbsupam

Spent a few bob on my car, got interior sprayed and bought myself a set of
M3 wheels.

any one recommend what I should get done next? might be getting new brakes. Drilled and groved.. what yous think?

#233 ·
new to the forum

hey, this seems a good place for advice and lots of feedback.
just bought my first bmw and lloking to give it some mods...subtle is the word. its a 1997 E36 323i touring. just upgraded the brakes with some greenstuff pads and brembo discs, new boge shocks and mounts in the rear. needed doing so didnt lower it as cash was strapped at the time.
next upgrade is probably an induction kit, followed by throttle body and some minor dress ups to the body including wheels...maybe some black centered M3alloys with polished rims...
looking at some posts im kinda thinking i sould have bought the 328 as it has the extra 30hp i am looking to gain..ah well we live and learn. fact is though my motor has only done 100k, 2 previous owners and its tights as. drives beautifully so im looking at a nice life together.
love this site so far, some useful comment and info.
cheers

#234 ·
Id like to start by saying a huge hello to all my fellow forumers, about time I signed up i would say :hihi:hihi.

I bought my first BMW 2 years ago from my step father. He own's a garage and took a knackered R(98) plate 318i saloon in silver as a part ex on a motor he had been working on. Although cosmetically she didnt look to fantastic, with a fair few bumps in her bodywork, she ran like a dream and I immediately fell in love, surely no car could better this!!! Sadly though in January she was a Cat D write off due to the neighbour reversing out of his drive at a high speed ploughing straight into my beloved tatty BMW. I mannaged to buy her back and get her repaired.

Much to my annoyance, just as I have finished getting her looking more like her former glory days, she was wrote off yet again early this September. A Mrk 4 Golf GTI decided to see what his engine would look like in the boot of my 318i at pretty high speed. Luckily I walked away with mild injurys, but my treasured car was this time, beyond any possible repair what so ever.:banghead

All is not lost though, as I am now the proud owner of a Mint condition 2001(Y) e46 318i SE which my step dad managed to source out for me. I dont plan on doing anything significant to this car in the near future,as she truely is a beauty already, and it would be a shame to ruin a perfect canvas.

So there you have it, my lil story just as a opener to these forums and to say hi to you all!!!

:hihi :thumbsup