BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Daddycool1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#1,025 ·
transmission help

hello everyone. new here to the forums. got an issue with my 01 530 e39 trans, believe its the a5s390r gm trans. been reading up a lot on here about em and a lot of people are having similar issues but not quite the one I'm having. if someone could show me how to post about a trans to get a reply or where to post that would be awesome as i have a feeling the trans is on its way out and i would like to address the issue asap for a fix and have a few questions. thanks!

#1,027 ·
Hi Everyone on here.

I've had an F30 320d ED for just over a year that is used mostly for work. Due to the nature of my work however, it is also fitted with blue flashing lights and sirens so that I can reach emergency incidents quickly. (I'm not a policeman either). That enables me to drive it quickly (and safely) when needed. Have to say its a great car and has got us thinking about a 3 series replacement for my wife's Jaguar XF later this year. I also own a Porsche 911 (997.2 coupe) that spends most of its time in my garage as I'm a bit busy so don't get too much time to take it out.

That's my introduction!

#1,028 ·
2001 320d facelift model auto

Hi all im new on here and need a bit of advice I have 320d touring 2001 having some little problems with it first of all the idle is low when stopped just touch the revs its fine but let go its just a bit low also when cold it takes about 15 turns to start up after that its fine starts no prob and when started from cold go to pull away no power moves very slow for about ten seconds then fine full power again and then fine all dsy also forgot to say on the cold stsrt kicks out a little bit of white smoke then fine other than these bits car is great and love it if anyone could help would be very grateful thanks ginty

#1,032 ·
Hello There

Hi,
I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2010 BMW320D EfficientDynamics.
My previous car was a 2001 E49 BMW 320i which I had for 10 years and sold 2 weeks ago.
I also had a 1990 E30 318i which I kept for 21 years and just sold recently.
I also have a 1981 BMW 100CS boxer Motorbike.
So you can see I am a long standing fan of BMW.
I am a little apprehensive about some aspects of my new purchase, namely DPF, clutch and timing chain but having tried a few other makes, I just decided the BMW overall was the best for me!
I must say, I miss the smoothness of the E49 6 cyl engine and it seemed to handle more precisely than the 320D but overall I am happy!

#1,033 ·
How do I post new questions or start threads on here from my iPad?

New to tje forum I'm trying to start a thread/ask a question but cannot find anywhere on my iPad app that gives me this option. I have been going round and round trying to post a question but am simply unable to do it. Please tell me how to get started.

Kind regards

Harry

#1,037 ·
New to tje forum I'm trying to start a thread/ask a question but cannot find anywhere on my iPad app that gives me this option. I have been going round and round trying to post a question but am simply unable to do it. Please tell me how to get started.

Kind regards

Harry
welcome to BFUK
click on to the forum you want to post in
and then look to the top left for the NEW THREAD button and click on it

#1,035 ·
intro

hi folks new member here john from clydebank. my current beemer is 320i 51plate had it 3 year and its the best smiley face materail ive owned on 4 wheels :D. cheers for the membership and look forward to learning more about bmw and whats out there in relation mods and up keep :thumbsup

#1,036 ·
hi folks new member here john from clydebank. my current beemer is 320i 51plate had it 3 year and its the best smiley face materail ive owned on 4 wheels . cheers for the membership and look forward to learning more about bmw and whats out there in relation mods and up keep
welcome to the forum nice to have you on board :thumbsup

#1,043 ·
Hi, my first post looking to connect iPod to idrive and chuck the cd changer in the bin ! Can someone point me in the right direction. Don't want to pay £100's
welcome to BFUK post your problem in the correct section :thumbsup

Owner now of a F10 2011 520d auto.

Previous was a 2005 e90 in which I covered over 220000 miles in and was the most reliable and best drive I have ever owned.

Getting older now and being tall fancied a bigger car. I bought used and I love the machine except for a few things.

I have mainly come here to find out about xenon lights or even the new LED lights as a retrofit.

Thanks for your time.

Fozey
welcome to BFUK

#1,040 ·
Hiall, new to this site.

Owner now of a F10 2011 520d auto.

Previous was a 2005 e90 in which I covered over 220000 miles in and was the most reliable and best drive I have ever owned.

Getting older now and being tall fancied a bigger car. I bought used and I love the machine except for a few things.

I have mainly come here to find out about xenon lights or even the new LED lights as a retrofit.

Thanks for your time.

Fozey