BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Welcome to the introduction forum!

1M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Daddycool1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, seeing as a lot of new members are signing up at the moment....(but not posting!) I have been asked to create an introductions forum where new members can create a new thread to say hi and talk about their cars and projects :cool:

See you there hopefully

#687 ·
Hi guys first time BMW owner just says hello

Well guys I have just put my deposit down on a lovely 123d msport e87, 57 plate 55k on the clock having upgraded from a Hyundai coupe s111, wow what a difference in quality and performance.

I am a constant questioner and I have no doubt you will soon get fed up of my questions.

Anyway off to read more about 123d mports. I need to know everything lol.

#688 ·
Hi new this site and needing some enlightenment :)

Hi, I'm Laura and new to the site.
Could really do with some help. Apologies if this needs to go on a different forum!
I own a BMW 330d se. Its 9 years old now with 87k miles. It has been regularly serviced, maintained etc etc. Gearbox transmission seems normal, tyres in good condition with plenty of tread, no damage to suspension or tracking. It doesnt pull to left or right either in drive or under braking. Wheels are at correct pressure and are balanced. However its recently developed a problem.
When cold the car handles fine. After 10-15 minutes ie warm, it develops a significant wobble/vibration which under braking is violent. At the same time it emits a deep hollow sounding hum. The only thing I can compare the noise to is when I had a puncture (different car) whilst driving at 70mph. Both the vibration and noise then subside and become less noticeable after approximately 10 minutes but does not completly go.
This problem is not relative to speed. I've tested it by driving it from cold straight on a motorway at speeds between 40 and 85mph. No problem. Its pertinent to when the engine has been warmed up.
I'm baffled (not that I know much about the mechanics of cars )
Can anyone offer any advice please??
Thanks in advance

#689 ·
Just bought my first bmw

Hi guys, just signed up for the forum. Good to be a part of the team!

I've recently bought a BMW 316ti Compact, 2004, 50K, alloys, climate control, cruise control, all the gadgets. Ive owned many cars in the past but nothing says refinement like a BMW.

Looking to change the oil & filter, as its looking like tar, possibly using a flushing agent any recommendations?

Possibly a set of bbs to set the car off, i'll see whats out there.

cheers guys.

#699 ·
Hi everyone, My name's Martin. I have bought a 1995 530i (E34). I am delighted with it, as I have always wanted a V8! The only problem is that the hazards come on when I am indicating left or right (don't laugh!) and some power is applied to the throttle. I am stuck as to what this could be. Any help gratefully received! Cheers.

#702 ·
New to the site.

Hows it going folks?

Just new to the site and thought i would say hello from Glasgow.

Posted a few pics of my BMW Z3. Last year some crazy woman crashed into me and put my baby out of use for a while, i got the car sorted and added a new paint colour to both body and wheels as well as a couple other things.

I have been looking for a site to talk about BMW's so far this site is awesome!

#703 ·
Hi everyone, would like to introduce myself as Des. I have been reading loads of advice/do and donts on bimmerforums as I hope to purchase a BMW 330i e46 within the next two months. I was previously an Audi enthusiast until my good friend purchased the BMW convertible 125i and the BMW compact e46 325i. I must add that ever since I have driven these two cars I have just been in mad love with BMW with my favourite being the 330i.

#705 ·
Cheers damo,

Cant wait, so excited. the only thing holding me back is the money otherwise i probably would have bought one already. im hoping to spend up to 4k as i would prefer to get one post 2003 as they come with the 6th gear as well as the face lift. i worked out that come next pay check i should have one!

what are they like to drive in the winter though???? being rear wheel drive lool

#707 ·
Bmw e36 325tds

Hi guys i have a bmw e36 325tds automatic touring as a project car , today i removed the gearbox oil cooler as i and the previous owner were told that was where ATF fluid was leaking from .so once i removed it the Transmission/ATF oil that came out looked and felt alot like engine oil :S now im hoping its because the fluid has never been changed and am also hoping that my gearbox has not gone .Also last thing has anyone got a tutorial on how to replace the drivers side window motor and regulator .Thanks guys please reply asap !!! im new by the way :D

Attachments

#708 ·
Hello to all, I have just bought myself a 1999 323i alpine white saloon with 62k on it( was driving a vectra dieselturd so the straight 6 is a welcome change). I missed my 318i e36 but wanted something the wife would be happy about as the e36 was rediculously low so she hated it.
Also I have a e30 bronzit coupe 318i auto andergoing a few changes such as bare minimum interior and m52 2.8 moving into the engine bay which has been ongoing for too long , but its getting there slowly and will be a sleeper :)

#709 ·
New Memeber - Old Issues

Hi There

Have a 1993 Manual 318is in Calypsorot

Working through the Age Old, Coupe Window Issue and Found Ronnies article.

• Drivers window fails hear Click when Button operates - can be encouraged with a tap to the motor.
  • Sunroof Intermittant - So Left it alone so far
  • Pasenger window - Hasn't Faltered.
  • Swapped Switches - Not the issue.
  • Replaced with 2nd hand Motor - Same symptoms, New Clips, Got window back into Tracks.
  • Opened Up Motor Checked bushes etc and Gears - No Issue.
Now waiting to go Home and Remove the relay and Hopefully solder my issues away.

Any how Great site - lots of good info if you know what your looking for