ZR
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Evening all...

I'm hoping to get a bit advice about the E46 3-series coupe as I'm starting a new job soon and need something comfy and slightly more business-looking than my ZR (fun car but maybe not the best image )

Insurance is still stupid for me despite being 26 with 7 odd years NCB due to my postcode so looking at the E46 318Ci as a possible option although I'm not sure on a couple of things that I'm sure someone can help out with...

- I'm guessing it might be a bit thirsty but how bad is it likely to be on an 8 mile journey each way (stop start dual carriageway driving)?
    - what's the clutch like on these? Part of the reason for not wanting to use the ZR is that it does need slamming into gear which is great for blasting round corners but not so fun in a traffic queue!

I like the look of Arthur's one I've seen in Arthur's Bmw 318Ci M Sport so if you're reading this let me know how you've got on with yours

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    lee_h's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    The clutch is really smooth and won't give you any trouble, also the car isn't very thirsty, I get over 30mpg town driving

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gshaw's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    ZR
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Also forgot to mention, what's a realistic price bracket for these now? A bit of Googling had someone saying under £4k yet some ads are near £9-10k (2006 model) so methinks somewhere in between for a well looked after example (would have to have the M Sport kit)

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bl4ckman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Also forgot to mention, what's a realistic price bracket for these now? A bit of Googling had someone saying under £4k yet some ads are near £9-10k (2006 model) so methinks somewhere in between for a well looked after example (would have to have the M Sport kit)
    There are older E46s that start from around year 2000, which will be cheaper (£2-3k), and then the model was facelifted in 2003 and continued to be made until late 2006, so facelifted ones will naturally be a bit pricier. If you're looking at 2005-2006 models, then they obviously will be more expensive (up to £6k), because those were the last production years for E46 model.

Of course, things like M Sport packet, sat-nav will hike the price up, so keep that in mind.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gshaw's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    ZR
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Yup basically a 2005-2006 one with the M Sport kit, difficult part as always is finding an honest one with the major bits sorted. Got a mate who had the rear diff go in his E46, ouch is the word for the repair there lol