1. Thanks for the useful help 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Spazza's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

I've registered after finding this site very useful in fixing up my car, despite having limited experience in today's car technology. After sending a fleet car back when changing jobs i picked up a 2002 525i touring for next to nothing from a back street garage. Bodywork great but interior was a dump and took some cleaning, but overall a lovely clean car now.
    After several miles the engine management light came on but i guessed a 98k car should have a good service and so took to local mechanic. Full service and replacement plugs and coil seemed to do the job. A few more miles later the engine management light came on again. I bought a diagmostic tool after reading the posts and see the weak mixture is likely to be down to a vaccuum leak needing smoke test. I think this is probably going to be something for the mechanic but has saved time and money messing.
    My abs light came on and speedo stooped. Fixed this with new rear speed sensor after seeing posts.
    Identified broken wire in rear parking sensor loom and found out how to check if sensors are duff from posts. 3 new fron sensors and resolder of rear loom got the system back for a fraction of the cost of a new system. Btw my loom died just above the exhaust which i put down to heating and cooling extremes.
    I've replaced my diamond key battery and reprogrammed too thanks to help on the forum.
    Thanks for all your help and fingers crossed i haven't bought too much of a mechanical wreck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spazza For This Useful Post:

payno (30-06-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Car Details
    payno's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo S Type R
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998 2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual Auto