E46 318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hi
    I own PMJ AutoMotive, Classic German and Performance Car Restoration and Repair Garage, dealing mainly with German Cars from the 1970's, 1980's and early 1990's. I work on other makes but most of my customers tend to drive BMW E30's, Mercedes 190's, Early VW Aircooled or VW Golfs.
    My Daily Transport is a 1999 - E46 318i SE, which had 58,000 Miles showing when i bought it in 2005 (6,995 Pounds) and is now showing 81,000 Miles. Almost all of my knowledge base is in the 1980's cars but so far, in these 3 years of ownership, i have completed all the servicing and repair work on my E46 without any problem. I actually think that this is a very straightforward car to work on and while this has so far only covered basic servicing for the model, i am more than confident at the prospect of heavier work in the future.
    I think a lot of my car, although not the biggest and best BMW in the world, it is tidy, well kept and i still think it is an incredibly well built and capable car with one of the best chassis i have ever driven. My Car is totally standard and i intend to keep it that way as i have found with the 1980's models that well kept, original cars, keep the most value. It had full Dealership history until 2005 when i bought it and i have stamped and kept up the servicing to date (As per the service handbook requirements). It is painted in 'DunkleBlau' (Dark Blue), has no spoiler or mudflaps and still has the original alloy wheels fitted (Which i must admit i am now getting a little tired of seeing other models with wider, fuller looking wheels and then looking at mine !).

Thanks for any help/guidance i receive here and can i say that having read through the forum, it is a great place to read and learn and one that i will visit regularly.
    Maybe what i do with older models and / or parts could be of some use to members here that might have those older models as second cars / partners car etc. If i can be of any help to anyone here, please PM me and i will try all i can to help.

Phil

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Phil, Good to have you onboard and showing love for the older BMW's, feel free to post any pictures of your work

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    PMJ AutoMotive's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Forgive me for not coming back to this sooner - our Workshops are being repainted, walls and floors and the main workshop has had to have rewiring work done to be up to standard so the desk, pc and all workshop furniture has been piled up in one corner since last weekend.

Work will be finished by the end of this week we are in now and when i can get it all set back up again, i will post a few pics of the cars we have all owned and worked on in recent years, i will also try to batter our digital camera into submission and take some shots of our newly refurbished workshop. We have only Fluoro lighting so until ALL the electrics are done, there isn't enough light to take proper photo's yet but i will work on it.

Thanks once again for welcoming me and our business.

Phil