318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi folks,

I used to be a member here about 5 years ago - too long to remember any logon details so I am starting over. I used to be a big fan of BMWs, owning an e34 525i SE Touring for 10 years and later on an e36 323i SE Coupe. I even ran two BMW motorbikes, a F800ST and then a R1200GS. Then I got persuaded over to the dark side and over the past 5 years I have driven a Mondeo (which I hated) and then an Avensis (which was okay as a workhorse but entirely boring) - but all the while I was missing my BMWs.

When the Avensis decided to blow it's cylinder head gasket I decided it was time to get back to what I know. So yesterday I purchased a 2002 3i8i SE Touring. Nothing exciting I know but at this point I need practicality more than excitement (and anyway I have a pair of MX-5s for the excitement). I'm already rediscovering all those little touches that always made me love BMWs so much. It needs a bit of work - rust on both front arches, blistering on the alloys, some tatty trim, very noisy aircon - but it drives great so far.

I imagine I will mostly lurk, until something goes wrong and I need advice. But I thought it would be rude not to introduce myself.
    ~Niall

2002 BMW 318i SE Touring in black.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Interesting little story I only just joined and it's my first bmw, they are amazing cars I didn't realise what I was missing out on I always thought they was really expensive and never bothered looking at them when I wanted a new car until one day my mate looked at them to realise you can pick up good ones for good money anyways you should get a picture up of it also wouldn't mind seeing them mx5s in the back ground what are they actually like, heard they amazing at handling?

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    paggers's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi Tower - I don't think you will regret your decision to give BMW a try.

I don't as yet have any pictures of the BMW - weather has been pretty poor today. Regarding the MX-5s, they are great cars for a blast around. Not much on the frills but they are out-and-out drivers cars. I have a 1991 Mk1 import and a 1998 Mk2 UK-spec car which I bought as a project and is currently in bits on the drive (there is a turbo somewhere in it's future).

Here's a fairly recent shot of the Mk1 for you (apologies to everyone else for the off-topic).

~Niall

2002 BMW 318i SE Touring in black.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Yer well so far it's amazing coming from a tatty rattling 106 as well, liking that car looks very clean also sorry about going off topic I just had to know from someone that actually has one anyway back to bmw's feel free to have a look at my introduction I got a few more pictures of it today all cleaned up and I'm quite happy how it came out apart from one bit on the rear end where someone attempted to spray it but should be sorted soon also got a free gold wash with the one brought so that was handy

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped