Year of Manufacture:
    1998/2006
    Transmission Type:
    MT/AT
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe/Saloon

Thanks
    Hi everyone,
    I've had a quick smooch around and i have to say, i'm well pleased I found it, good site.
    In the next couple of months I'm going to be buying an e46 M3. I need to do a bit of research into whether I want an SMG or manual and also a convertible or coupe, I'm hoping to find the answers I need here as well as things to look out for when buying an m3.

A bit about me... (for you that maybe care)
    I'm Dan, 21 and live in Reading, Berkshire. I currently have a 1997 A4 1.8t which is my work horse that drags me to and from London for work daily. I also have a toy which the M3 is going to replace, its a Peugeot 205 1.9 gti with an Mi16 conversion, tuned up etc. which took me to the Nurburgring in October surprisingly enough. I now have the 'ring bug and i'm booked up for 2 trips next year in May and August already with a possibility of a third/fourth. This is where the M3 comes in.
    I previously owned an e36 328i sport which I sold due to not wanting to rack loads of miles up on it when using it for work, boy did I regret selling that for something FWD, zzz... It was a great car and gave me an extremly high opinion of BMW's. My uncles had BMW's for ages, starting in the lower ranks up to his current M6 via a very nice Estoril Blue/Champagne Leather e46 M3 individual. I've wanted one ever since.

Anyway, hope I haven't totally bored you and look forward to getting some much valued knowledge and insights into these cars.

Regards

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Hi Dan(Baskie) and welcome to Bimmerforums UK, good to have you with us and glad you like the place

If it was me I would go for the manual as it's a drivers car and there's less to go wrong it's a great choice in car it must be said

As for Coupe or Vert .....hmmmm, not sure what I would choose, I presume the car is going to be garaged?

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts