BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Possible e39 M5 newbie

Tags
m5
523 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  payno 
#1 ·
Hi folks. Potential e39 Newbie here, well sort of. I had an 02 car which I sold 2007, and always vowed to get another and as petrol is so cheap, now seems an ideal time.

http://www.lullingstonecars.co.uk/LB02 UYH/LB02 UYH.html

Views on the above would be greatly appreciated. What's this worth? Seems prices vary from 5k for a heap to 25k for an ultra-low mile example. Look to be several around the 9-10 mark with 80 k ish miles.

Also, what's the general consensus on e39's wrt depreciation. They seem to have bottomed out at about 5k, those examples I suspect largely falling into the hands of those who can ill afford to maintain them properly. I've not looked at M5 prices since I sold mine 7 yrs ago. Have prices strengthened somewhat over the last couple of years for good examples? Are they likely to hold or slowly appreciate or fall to the lowest common denominator? There were I think too many e39's to make them a sure fire "investment" unless buying a 20k time warp car and storing it, and it's true that by and large saloon cars don't really make great investments (Lotus Carlton aside perhaps) but is the e39 M5 not such an iconic car that medium to long term values will surely rise for a good example as the ropey ones are slowly taken off the road? to be clear, I'm not proposing to buy one as an investment, but it would be nice for it to at least hold its value reasonably!

Many thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.