BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Pictures of my BMW 740i e38

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Phoenix81 
#1 ·
Hi,

Here are the pictures of my e38 740i purchased just one month ago. It is still not taxed or insured. The paper work will be carried out next week.

I am looking for a nice sticker of Bimmerforums.co.uk. So if you have an issue some day, you know that the guy behind can help or even pull out for a drink.

The black mats are from eBay (£39)

The front grill will be replaced by a new chromed grill (circa £40, ebay)

Left hand door.

Can't find a cap for that. Purchased 4 x 68 mm caps from eBay but they are too large.

Love the can holder. However I don't trust it too much. If the can is nearly full and you break sharp, you can fill up the tape deck with Coke. Note that there is no ESP in this model. If it oversteers, you have been warned.

Inside view

Engine. Cleaned without using any water. What to invest in a performance filter (£85, ebay) but I don't want to end up with a noisy engine. May be they are not that noisy?

Tires are 255R19 / 40 Falken - Need a 5th one because I just discovered that the spare tire is different.

See less See more
#8 ·
Very nice mate, my bro had the same but in a different colour. I would recommend doing the following upgrades which will make it look really nice:

get rid of the chrome trim, search for shadowline trim (you can get a tape which covers the chrome)

Change the rear lights

Tint the windows

#12 ·
Thank you mate! It is a pleasure to take care of this machine.

My next mod will be to refurb and repaint the alloys. I have found these guys:

http://lapaint.co.uk/Alloy_Wheel_Refurbishment_in_Essex/Home.html

There have got some great pics in their website. I have been given a quote of 200 pounds for the 4 x 19'' alloys.

I will do it next month probably but I don't have any idea about what would be the best color.

Someone told be to paint them black, but I am not sure if the black would fit with the dark blue of the car.

#14 ·
747 bimmer - I do like black wheels dont get me wrong. But with a big motor such as yours...I think shiny 'bling bling' alloys are the way to go! :thumbsup

In my opinion with any 7...you dont need to make massive mods, just slight add ons and adjustments will change it from :jaw-dropping to :jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping!

#15 ·
Thank you 6891_seb :) I really appreciate your recommendations. I want to go black with the alloys but a friend of mine says that we can't use dark blue and black in the same car.

What do you think?

I want almost to photoshop is picture of it to get the right idea about that.

#16 ·
No worries matey...:thumbsup

Personally I wouldnt, but its up to you mate. There are a few members on here who are excellent at photoshop if you cant get it right. May be worthwhile posting a request. Then you could see for yourself which style you'd prefer :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.