Model of Car:
    m3 evolution cabriolet
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    Been a while boys and girls, About 2 years i think! My name is Aaron from Jersey in the Channel Islands. Nearly 5 years ago now after searching for nearly 2 years i found The car id been looking for, an immaculate low mileage e36 m3 soft top in Estoril Blue, lotus white leather, manual with only wait for it.............26000 miles on the clock!!.Not been on here for a long time due to kids, starting up my own bussiness, the usual time consuming things and just didn't get time to come on here!!

After sending the car for a full inspection 2 at the indy all that needed doing was discs and pads and apart from oil fluids and filters every year and a set of wheels, it hasn't cost me a penny since! I only use it at weekends in the summer and i love it now as much as the day i bought it but now i have a dilemma!! Now im in the position of been fortunate enough to be able to afford either an immaculate e46 m3 soft top or supercharge this one, big brake conversion, BBs lm's the lot and make it into something super special!!

I have been researching the conversion and seems pretty conversion and seems straightforward, but my question is am i going to ruin my super reliable M3 and cause all sorts of reliability issues for myself?! i found this kit from CA automotive CA: JAWS VT500 E36 M3 3.2 SUPERCHARGER KIT and wondered if anyone had either done this to their own vehicle orknows the pro's and cons about it?!!

Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated, and here are a few photo's of the car for those who are interested!!

Cheers

Aaron
    Attached Images
    Last edited by azza; 20-05-2012 at 17:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    M3 TIM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 evo cab/ e39 M5
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998/2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    VERT/SALOON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    Been a while boys and girls, About 2 years i think! My name is Aaron from Jersey in the Channel Islands. Nearly 5 years ago now after searching for nearly 2 years i found The car id been looking for, an immaculate low mileage e36 m3 soft top in Estoril Blue, lotus thite leather, manual with only wait for it.............26000 miles on the clock!!.Not been on here for a long time due to kids, starting up my own bussiness, the usual time consuming things and just didn't get time to come on here!!

After sending the car for a full inspection 2 at the indy all that needed doing was discs and pads and apart from oil fluids and filters every year and a set of wheels, it hasn't cost me a penny since! I only use it at weekends in the summer and i love it now as much as the day i bought it but now i have a dilemma!! Now im in the position of been fortunate enough to be able to afford either an immaculate e46 m3 soft top or supercharge this one, big brake conversion, BBs lm's the lot and make it into something super special!!

I have been researching the conversion and seems pretty conversion and seems straightforward, but my question is am i going to ruin my super reliable M3 and cause all sorts of reliability issues for myself?! i found this kit from CA automotive CA: JAWS VT500 E36 M3 3.2 SUPERCHARGER KIT and wondered if anyone had either done this to their own vehicle orknows the pro's and cons about it?!!

Thoughts and comments would be much appreciated, and here are a few photo's of the car for those who are interested!!

Cheers

Aaron
    love the car but im biased.i bought an asa super charger for my m3 and after much research decided to sell it on.unless your going to do some much needed internal upgrades the the engines not gonna take that abuse the e46 m3 is much more suited to a supercharger.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    kash21's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Oh man

How much do i hate you right now!!!

I am in the same bout you were, been looking for absoloutley ages for an Estoril vert as standard as poss, though I intend to keep it that way.

Don't suppose I could tempt you to part with it so soon ;-)

Enjoy mate!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Gurj247's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door saloon

Thanks
    Love the vert.

Personally I would not do a thing to that car except change the wheels for the staggered M3 alloys (genuine).

The reason for this being that there are now very very few standard e36 m3's out there now and I can see them becoming valuable classics and increasing in value in the next few years

If you do want to go down the modding route then I would seriously consider (of you have the funds) buying an e46 m3 and modding that while tucking this car away and leaving it std.

Just my thoughts.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Jackmcl's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 328i Sport (Turbo)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hi Aaron,
    I kinda agree with Gurj247...
    I was in a similar situation last year - I bought an IMMACULATE M3 evo convertible with the intention of turbocharging it.
    After driving it for a week or so, I decided it was simply too good to mess about with and bought a tatty 328i Sport to work on instead - keeping the M3 in its immaculate standard state.
    Low mileage - that's the benefit of living on a small Island eh bud?!
    And with no MOT to have to worry about, makes modifying much easier!
    I'm getting there with my 328i turbo project now - mainly just electronics to sort out now - that's the hardest part of forced induction.
    Is there a rolling road in Jersey? - haven't got one over here in Guernsey...

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Jackmcl's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 328i Sport (Turbo)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kash21 View Post
    Oh man

How much do i hate you right now!!!

I am in the same bout you were, been looking for absoloutley ages for an Estoril vert as standard as poss, though I intend to keep it that way.

Don't suppose I could tempt you to part with it so soon ;-)

Enjoy mate!
    Take a look at this one then Kash21...

BMW M3 Evolution No Reserve - Low Mileage - FSH | eBay

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    kash21's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurj247 View Post
    Love the vert.

Personally I would not do a thing to that car except change the wheels for the staggered M3 alloys (genuine).

The reason for this being that there are now very very few standard e36 m3's out there now and I can see them becoming valuable classics and increasing in value in the next few years

If you do want to go down the modding route then I would seriously consider (of you have the funds) buying an e46 m3 and modding that while tucking this car away and leaving it std.

Just my thoughts.
    Exactly what he said and then sell me the E36

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    kash21's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcl View Post
    Take a look at this one then Kash21...

BMW M3 Evolution No Reserve - Low Mileage - FSH | eBay
    Yeah, I saw that and looks good, though my main concern is the SMG gearbox, trying to avoid if I can. Also, for some reason when someone can not bother to put up decent pics, just puts me off. There are a couple I have managed to find though that i shall be looking at over the weekend.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    HollowPoint's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E53 X5 3.0 Sport Auto
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Estate
    Llangennith - I can almost see Ireland from here
    Thanks
    Definitely leave the E36 as a standard minter. I always wanted the E36 M3 Evo Vert, but now they're within my reach (i.e. I'm a proper grown up that earns money and everything, lol) they're a little too old for me. Keep the E36 for a few more years, then sell it for millions when it becomes as uncommon as the E30 Left Hookers
    If everything seems fine, then you probably haven't grasped the gravity of the situation.