Individual e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi Folks,
    It's been a while but I'm back on the forums as I'm putting an e39 530D on the road. It was cheap and my e36 is feeling to small so I thought why not The only problem with cheap is that it brings with it "things" so far the paint job isn't a problem that's an easy fix, the main 4 problems at the moment are...
    1. The sludge in the coolant expansion tank. My first thoughts was that the oil cooler was porous or the seals had gone, then I thought head gasket and now I'm thinking possibly oil breather as the car smokes quite a lot too. I havent had time to do anything to the car just yet so I will get the engine pressure tested and i have bought a new oil breather. So that's the main problem there although it could be a few small ones all acting together to make it big.
    2. There is a small leak from my flexi pipe just before the cats so I might decat it but need to look into that more.
    3. Radio: only the OSR speaker works. Not looked into this as yet.
    4. I have one fuse (20 amps) that keeps blowing but I don't know what it's for. Its fuse number 47 above the battery in the boot. It says it's for the 'Additional Heater' and 'Independent Heater', what the feck are they?, but again I haven't looked into this as of yet.
    So there we have it my little dilemma/ project. Hopefully I will have time on Monday to hang the oil breather but time is not abundant atm :(
    As you can see the first two are the real problems and if I get them fixed I think I could be a happy e39 owner only time will tell

Oh and i apologise now for all the questions I will be asking in the near future

Class--
    Please note the above post has been typed by a complete imbecile

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    That heater fuse might be for a webasto pre-heater under the bonnet, I'd just let it die peacefully!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Class--'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Individual e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Webasto?... Pre-heater?... under bonnet you say? mmm me goes off to find out what horribleness you speak of
    Oh and hello The End I see you never left
    Please note the above post has been typed by a complete imbecile