BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Not that new but time to introduce myself

575 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  pangster 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Keith,

I have been registered on here for a while but have only recently become active. I am a true BMW nut, bought my first e21 320 when I was 23 and although I have been through Audis (German Skodas) and Mers I have always come back to BMWs. I am so devoted to them that they were even brought up in my recent divorce.

I have lost count of how many BMWs I have had over the years, probably something over 20 e30s, a few e34s including a 535 Sport, no e36s I skipped them, well apart from the Z3M roadster I ran for a year or so, 3 e39s and probably something like 10 e46s including an M3 convertible SMG. Newest I had was a 118d. I'm not keen on Bangle styling and I find the newer cars more complex, difficult to work on and expensive to repair.

The stable currently includes an e39 M5, e46 330d Touring sport, e46 325 touring, e46 318i auto and an e30 325 cabriolet. My girlfriend has 3 Golfs, the 2 diesels are for sale as she wants to keep the 2.8 4-motion.

I rarely use garages for repairs as I prefer to work on the cars myself, generally I'll use professional help for doing clutches as I'm not keen on lifting, and paintwork as I'm not great at it myself. In my time there is very little that I haven't attempted and achieved myself.

I can't help myself if I see a car I like I have to buy it, sometimes I buy it because it's cheap or a little unusual. I'm not so good at selling which is why I have so many cars and I'm divorced (again)!

I'm not adverse to buying cars from places that most people wouldn't consider. I have had a few insurance write-offs, some have been absolute bargains, like the 330 touring that had a water damaged engine and the 535 Sport that had suspected head gasket failure (but didn't), some were not so good like the e46 coupe that had been rear-ended and badly repaired. I'll give anything a go.

My best friends are ebay and my local salvage dealers. The girlfriend is OK, but she's not a BMW, she prefers Golfs but it could be worse, she could have a soft spot for French cars!

See less See more
#4 ·
Not really welcome to the forum as you have been on a while.....But hi there....We need pics of the rides....:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.