Noob!!!1

Notices
 

Thread: Noob!!!1

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Noob!!!1 
    #1
    BMW Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Hi folks,

    Stumbled across a link to the forum on e36coupe.com

    My names Andy, I own an e36 318is (lol) thats undergoing it abit of a make over I've a website detailing all the work www.BayernE36.com

    Thats all folks :p
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Hi folks,

    Stumbled across a link to the forum on e36coupe.com

    My names Andy, I own an e36 318is (lol) thats undergoing it abit of a make over I've a website detailing all the work www.BayernE36.com

    Thats all folks :p
    Welcome to the forum Andy
    I'd say the last thing you are is a newb!! I've followed your car projects with great interest and its great to have you on here.
    Great work by the way!

    Please pass the word around also to any like minded Bimmer fanatics you know (lots!!)
     
     

  4.  
    #3
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    ps//

    I think what your car needs is a 325i or 328 turbo motor dropping in it
    Want any advice or info..
    Your in the right place :
     
     

  5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6.  
    #4
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    I have to say I am VERY impressed with yor carbon work :
    Lovely carbon bits!

    That must have taken some serious time?
     
     

  7.  
    #5
    BMW Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boostist View Post
    Welcome to the forum Andy
    I'd say the last thing you are is a newb!! I've followed your car projects with great interest and its great to have you on here.
    Great work by the way!

    Please pass the word around also to any like minded Bimmer fanatics you know (lots!!)
    Thanks for the compliments, kinda cool knowing the rep of the car is getting known

    p.s if you'd like to have the carbon how to on the forum you are more than welcome. I put together a forum version if you'd like it
     
     

  8.  
    #6
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Thanks for the compliments, kinda cool knowing the rep of the car is getting known

    p.s if you'd like to have the carbon how to on the forum you are more than welcome. I put together a forum version if you'd like it
    That would be fantastic mate
    Cheers

    Please pm and let me know what (if anything) I need to do.
    If you need more permissions to post html in the forum just give me a holler :

    Also, I think we met a few years back at an E36 coupe meet near 'some racetrack' in Leicesterhisre iirc with a pub right by it :

    I had a Hell Rot E36 M3 at the time. WHich has now metamorphosised into my current project car(s)
     
     

  9.  
    #7
    BMW Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boostist View Post
    Also, I think we met a few years back at an E36 coupe meet near 'some racetrack' in Leicesterhisre iirc with a pub right by it :

    I had a Hell Rot E36 M3 at the time. WHich has now metamorphosised into my current project car(s)
    Ahhh the plots thickens! LOL from memory we all had some grub upstairs in the pub. Cant honestly remember the name of the track though : LOL

    Been looking about and I cant find anything on your projects... best get a thread going!!!! :p
     
     

  10.  
    #8
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Ahhh the plots thickens! LOL from memory we all had some grub upstairs in the pub. Cant honestly remember the name of the track though : LOL

    Been looking about and I cant find anything on your projects... best get a thread going!!!! :p
    hehe

    Indeed. Well, your right that I dont have a project thread yet

    Reason being is Im in a quandry about which car to use for the basis!!

    ive got an S38B36 M5 engine and and S50 B30 M3 motor in my stocks :
    The S50B30 is the one I am building for boost. I also have thousands of £ in parts (engine and general turbo stuff)

    but the story is Im currently stuck on what car to use to put the built motor in.
    I sold the E36 m3 a couple of years ago and bought an E46 320i.
    I then sold that and bought a non bimmer due to having just purchased a big(ish) house that I was renovating and time and money were scarce.

    I finished the house a while back and have been running around in an E34 535i

    Pics below


    Ive been in two minds whether to build the motor in to that or buy an E30...

    OR...an E46 again (my most likely option!)


    much as I love E36's Im trying to be a bit different on this one :
    But Im getting an itchy trigger finger so somethings goping to get bought..and soon!!!

    Any ideas? preferences? suggestions?

    cheers
    Attached Images
     
     

  11.  
    #9
    Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Boostist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    3,347
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    The DTM backbox was sadly on the big 5 when I bought it (absolute doofus of a last owner for several reasons I wont go into!)

    As to the e36 meet.

    I cant remember the track name either!
    But I recall talking to you for a bit about your car. and that the food was a bit dubious!!

    Im not on e36coupe much nowadays which is why theres no thread on there but I will defo start one in here very shortly.


    Where is it you live anyway mate? is it Leicester like many others on e36coupe?
     
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts