Newbie to this very imformative and helful site! Hello all...got some questions for you...

Notices

Thread: Newbie to this very imformative and helful site! Hello all...got some questions for you...

Reply to Thread
  1. Newbie to this very informative and helful site! Hello all...got some questions for you... 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Littleted's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d ES and X3SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004 and 2005
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring and 4x4

Thanks
    Hi from Warwickshire!

Just decided I should register, as when I need a question on the BMW answered, you guys deliver very well!

Thanks and regards to all for helping on an excellent site!

Cheers, Ian

PS. I really don't know exactly how or where to post on here yet, so I hope this is OK?:
    Last edited by Littleted; 10-03-2012 at 13:09. Reason: ...It didn't work however, neither did my spelling, sorry!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Littleted's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d ES and X3SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004 and 2005
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring and 4x4

Thanks
    Hi to Everyone!

I apologise in advance if I am posting too many questions...or incorrectly.

question 1.
    I have a 320d ES Touring, which has done 146k and suddenly it swallowed a Butterfly 'Swirl' Flap!

I need a new engine and am thinking towards one from Quarry Motors in Sheffield. Any more thoughts, as Quarry seem pretty well regarded on this site?

I have done a provisional deal with them to include the inlet manifold (which is definitely damaged), and the turbo (which I suspect might be damaged, as no signs of the swirl flap bits...and they must have gone somewhere) and injectors... I may go for a few more bits. Any thoughts?

Question 2.
    Apparently there is a breather pipe which may block and back up pressure in the rocker box?.. and cause massive loss of oil pressure?

I need to know more about these things, as they seem to be really silly faults on fantastic cars!

Question 3.
    We have also an X3 SE (2005) and cannot be sure whether the inlet manifold has swirl flaps or not!

As you can immagine after our recent swirl flap catastrophie, we really need to get this checked and if they are present...REMOVE THEM!

One guy at Quarry Motors (who have been very helpful) told me that BMW did NOT put the swirl flaps on the 4x4s, including the X3?

Another guy somewhere else (who appeared to be very knowledgeable) told me that it entirely depends upon which engine it is?

PLEASE HELP... we couldn't afford for the one engine to go...let alone another one!

I would really appreciate some good recommendations here.

Many thanks in advance, Ian