BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Newbie..

416 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dagnut 
#1 ·
HI,

Just thought I'd say hello before I start hassling you all with questions, I've just bought a E36 323i cab..it has a genuine 66k miles on it so it's fairly sound mechanically. I've owned a lot of different cars, a couple of Subaru's..I've spent a lot of time( still a member) on ISDC so have a fair bit of knowledge..I have basic understanding of mechanics but not expert especially when it comes to BM's.
Just quickly wondering if there's any initial problems I should be looking out for?
Also if I want to top it up with a drop of oil what should I use?

Thanks

Dave

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum matey.
Don't just top up oil as you don't know what is already in it (unless you've done a oil service yourself). So if you haven't done a service already, do it :thumbsup .
Lots of things to watch out for on cars as they get older, so just take your time and go over everything you can, and then if you're not sure about something in particular, come back to the forum and ask away.
And it might be worth getting a diagnostics done to make sure theres nothing underlying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.