Model of Car:
    530d GT SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    8 speed auto
    Car Body Type:
    Errr...a lot of everything
    Thanks
    Hi folks - just in the process of buying a 2010 530D Gran Tursimo SE and thought I should introduce myself!

Very excited about getting my new motor next Tuesday! After much brow beating by my better half I've decided to get a truly comfortable car once again after having my current Carrera 4 S.

I was actually considering a Merc E350 sport or new 7 or 5 Series. The Merc is a lovely car but the technology/interiors are not as well designed as the BM in my opinion.I called into the BM dealership to check out prices and stumbled accross a gleaming Titanium Silver 530d SE Gran Turismo with 20" multi-spoke alloys. Unlike most people I've alway really liked the GT from an aesthetic perspective and have alway "gotten" what its all about in terms of being a large cruiser with luxury interior, stacks of space with great pace and handling (for it's size) . I was, like many people, of the belief these are strict 4 seaters, however, this only applies to the Exec model. This was an SE (seats 5) with black leather sports seats, pan-roof, memory seats, Dynamic pack, Prof Media pack, Visibility pack and nice black ash wood trim.

I was looking for a much lighter interior instead of black this time around but soon as I sat in the drivers seat I realised the black interior was very sporty and a special place to be with huge amounts of space (as much if not more rears space than a RR). There are huge amounts of light thanks to the giant panoramic sun roof. I have a history of lots of cars (too many!) and can honestly say the interior is one of the nicest I've experienced (comparing against Range Rovers, Audi A8)

Anyway - I took the car for a test drive with my wife we were both so impressed with the way its speed, torque, and how luxurious it was that we immediately decided we had to buy it!

Man-maths kicked in an a deal was struck.... roll on next Tuesday!
    2010 530D Gran Turismo in Titanium Silver/black leather with 20" wheels, Dynamic Pack, Visibility Pack, Professional Media Pack, electric memory seats with Black Ash wood.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosse_JayDubya For This Useful Post:

lisa95 (18-10-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Welcome to the forum. Make sure you post some pics when you collect the car. We like pics here.....

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Welcome

Wow, looks like you're getting a mint car car then! As Steve said, make sure you post plenty of photos up when you get it next week

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Grosse_JayDubya's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d GT SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    8 speed auto
    Car Body Type:
    Errr...a lot of everything
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome guys! I actually picked my GT up on Sunday and haven't stopped grinning. IMO it looks superb in silver with the black high gloss shadowline window trim and sun protection windows. Although they probably spoil the ride the 20 inch wheels are a visual must on a car this size. The dynamic drive system is great and you can really feel the car sharpen up in sport and sport+ modes. The 8 speed ZF gearbox is the smoothest and one of the quickest shifting I've experienced although sone paddleshifters would have been useful... I think they skipped these because not many owners would use them on an eight speed box! The interior is superb and light/airy despite being black with black ash trim which steps it up a notch in terms of luxury finish. Thesports seats are great an I have memory function. The sports steering wheel is great to hold and weights up great at speed - can be a little light around town. I've set dynamic drive Sport mode up to sharpen the suspension and steering set up but not the throttle response so I get bęte feedback without unnecessarily wasting fuel through higher revs - if I want this as well I knock the shifter to the left int DS mode. Sport+ sharpens throttle and chassis/steering and switches off driver aids like DSC.

The pro nav system is the best I've come across and I can control remotely turn on the aircon/heater, lock/unlock and send addresses to the nav from my iPhone!

I realise a picture paints a thousand words- how do I post a picture without a thousand words?!

In summary - a great car that does everything I need from a car... Until it snows!
    2010 530D Gran Turismo in Titanium Silver/black leather with 20" wheels, Dynamic Pack, Visibility Pack, Professional Media Pack, electric memory seats with Black Ash wood.

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Excellent news. Glad you are happy with it and it make you smile. Would love to see some pics....

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    Hi Grosse JayDubya,Welcome to Bimmerforums.co.uk...........

Glad you are happy with your purchase

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    Lewy_T's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E64 645 CI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks