BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Newbie with M5 E60 25th Anniversary Limited Edition in Frozen Gray

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Joe9087 
#1 ·
Hi all

Am a newbie here so just wanted to intro myself. I am an owner of an April 2010 M5 since the beginning of the year 2011. Car was bought from BMW Park Lane in London with just 2k on the clock (got almost 7k on it now) and its the 25th Anniversary Limited Edition version. When i saw the Frozen matt colour I just fell in love with it. I part ex'd an Audi R8 for this car and so many people said I was crazy to do so but I tell you what. I have never been happier with any other car that I have owned previously. Its just a great car. I was lucky enough to get invited to Goodwood couple of weeks ago and drove the whole M range and I gotta say the new M5 is great and also the "1" M is great too. Still the new M5 feels and drives i thought like a larger car and am still not sure about the looks on the new car but the turbo charged engine was great. The gearbox is no longer clunky too.

Will post some pics shortly too.

So a couple of things i returned to my car a few days ago and discovered a not so deep scratch on the rear bumper and a slightly deeper scratch next to it which has put a penny sized ding in the car. ((( Can i take the car to any decent paint repair company or must I go back to Bmw dealer ? I guess i am asking is Matt metallic paint on a bmw as easy to repair as normal gloss metallic paint ?

Thanks and hope I am posting in the correct section

Zee

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome mate!!
You have got my dream Frozen grey M5!! That looks so nice I envy you!!:)
If it was a normal gloss car, I would have used Meg scratch x and call a mobile dent guy but since it's frozen grey you are dealing with...(which is very rare..) I would ask either BMW or professional dent/paint job shop..
Good luck with that and again, welcome aboard!!

#9 ·
Nice motor - i'll keep a look out for you in Ealing

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.