I'm Mark and I'm from Bristol. My main car is a modified MR2 Turbo TBar. I've had a shed of a monedo as a second car for a couple of years but, after an RTA last week, it had to be scrapped. Hence I've decided I want a second car that's actually nice, and an E46 touring sees to fit the bill. :
I think I'm after the following:
- E46 Touring
- Air Conditioning (standard AFAIK)
- Cruise Control (standard from SE up?)
- Manual if possible (there seem to be ltos of autos out there)
My budget tops out at £5k, but I'd rather only spend £3-4k if possible, which seems to put me in line for 2001-2003 cars with 100-140k on the clock. Does that sound right?
I have couple of n00b questions:
- Do I need to avoid high mileage cars, or do the BMWs keep running as Toyotas do?
- I've done almost all the servicing and maintainance on my MR2 and old mondeo myself. How easy are these cars to work on as a DIY mechanic?
Finally, the required introductory pic-whore moment... obviously not a BMW, but this is my little toy and currently my daily driver too:
Davos to Stelvio:
Custom detailed engine bay: