330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    Ello everyone

Registered on the forum some time ago looking for some details and since then have been in and out of the UK on business without actually managing to buy a car (7 of the last 9 months living out of a suitcase in hotels in the middle east...yeesh!!) Anyhoo my contracts are coming to a close and I decided to treat myself to a present before hitting back on UK shores (I land on Sunday July 1st).

I just put a deposit down on this:

bmw-e46-3-series-98-06-509345-1.jpg

| PistonHeads Classifieds

I have been searching for a facelift 330 convertible for some time now and whilst this doesnt check EVERY box I wanted (specifically wanted red leather, automatic, and navigation) its a pretty damn solid example I think.

The owner is a great bloke I have been dealing with in Northern Ireland so I will have to fly over and ferry back then drive to London to get it home but I'm actually looking forward to the trip!

Usually I am VERY skeptical about handing over money without seeing a car blind and I am always the first to warn against it to be fair, but he's been fantastic as a seller. Answered every question in detail over and above what I have actually asked him and posted a video on youtube with a walk around the car and the only minor fault carefully pointed out.
    vid here:

slight modifications but nothing too garish: wheels, dropped a few cm, black grills, halo rings and HID lamps. I think looks wise the only thing I would want to potentially change is a full interior swap out to red leather (on that note... anyone got a full set of red heated electric leathers lying around??? :P )

I'm a relatively avid forum user so I think I will be floating around these parts a fair bit from now on. I pick up the car in a couple of weeks so may well do a little "journey thread" when I do.

right i'll stop babbling now!

Roger roger, Faz waving to all and signing out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    HollowPoint's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E53 X5 3.0 Sport Auto
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Estate
    Llangennith - I can almost see Ireland from here
    Thanks
    Nice lookin motor there mate, welcome to the forums at last!

Isn't it a little expensive though? I can see it's a 2005, low mileage and looks a good example etc. but £8k? Congrats on your purchase though bud, if you're happy with it that's what matters
    If everything seems fine, then you probably haven't grasped the gravity of the situation.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    faz_b's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    I did think it was a bit on the pricey side so I managed to push him down a little. picked it up for £7300 which is about in line with market rate for a minter from what I can gather. plus only 44'000 on the clock (average mileage at that year should be 70K) with major service done just done (next due in 12K miles), a new MOT and nearly a years tax @ £270.

throw all of that together and all of a sudden actually the price looks relatively reasonable I think.

I saw a 2004 with 106K go for about £6K on the bay of fleas the other day so I know its not the cheapest, but I was aiming for a solid one which is why I took time and aimed for something I new most people might find a touch over the odds.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Desdesgner's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525d M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Not a shabby price for a great looking motor, well done!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E53 X5 3.0 Sport Auto
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Estate
    Thanks
    I was basing it on recently looking for one myself, granted none of the ones I looked at could be truly described as minters and most had roughly the 'right' mileage on them for their age rather than low mileage, but I saw a black 330ci Manual Convertible on ebay in Nottingham the other week for £4,500 and he was prepared to take £4k when I spoke to him. I just picked up my 2002 clubsport for £3500 with 85k on the clock, the bodywork is excellent, but it did need 4 new tyres and needs the front suspension putting back to stock as it has cheap crappy coilies on it. Also needed the front D bushes replacing, but it came with the bushes, I just had to do the job of fitting them.

Don't get me wrong, that's definitely a very nice looking motor mate and I guess not everyone is like me, lol. I like to try and find cars that have a few problems and knock the price down, then fix the problems myself. Like I said, congratulations and welcome
    If everything seems fine, then you probably haven't grasped the gravity of the situation.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    faz_b's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    I used to be exactly the same!!! I would prefer to buy a motor where I would actually get to tinker on it a bit and save a bit in the process. Now though I can't be arsed!! lol!!

Maybe it's a sign of age. doh!!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E53 X5 3.0 Sport Auto
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Estate
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by faz_b View Post
    I used to be exactly the same!!! I would prefer to buy a motor where I would actually get to tinker on it a bit and save a bit in the process. Now though I can't be arsed!! lol!!

Maybe it's a sign of age. doh!!
    To be honest I'm getting the same, so quite possibly! I have a project car that I tinker with, the beemers were meant to be more luxury than fun and were definitely not meant to be money pits that needed lots of work, lol. I came across the vert first at an auction and it just had a few niggles, although one of those niggles required the removal and re-fitting of the roof to clear out the drainage channels, lol. Then the Clubsport a few days later from a private classified on fleabay, knocked him down quite heavily on price as it needed 4 tyres and 2 suspension struts to pass it's MOT which is only a month away and it has a few other little niggles that won't take much to fix