BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Newbie from Essex..

Tags
essex newbie
1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  The Panther 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Just put a deposit down on a 2004 E46 330ci M Sport Convertible and will be picking it up Saturday!

It will be my first BMW and quite a step up in terms of performance and comfort seeing as I have only previously owned a Mk5 & Mk6 Fiesta Zetec-S.

Already got a few small ideas for it, will get some pics up when I get it.

James :D

#4 ·
Welcome

#5 ·
Thanks guys :)

Yeah I was only seeing around 20mpg after the test drive!

Only a few subtle changes to start with I think, small drop on Eibach springs, black kidney grills, dumpy aerial, parrot bluetooth kit.

Have started reading a few threads on remaps for the 330, is it worth doing at all?

#7 ·
As for remapping.. Depends if you want to have an edge on standard 330s... You won't get huge gains by remapping but it will improve performance wise.. I'm guessing at 15-20bhp gains, but that's just a guess :hehe

#9 ·
I'm guessing at 15-20bhp gains, but that's just a guess :hehe
Yep, BIG guess. You can't get that much as far as I know.

Yeah I've never been one for chasing numbers, I've heard it will iron out any flat spots and make it pull smoother through the gears.
That's exactly what you will get. Good low end torque as well.

I've done mine. Very pleased! :thumbsup

#8 ·
Mines the convertible mate so it has aerial on the boot, the colour is light grey with black leather. :)

Yeah I've never been one for chasing numbers, I've heard it will iron out any flat spots and make it pull smoother through the gears.

#13 ·
Forum Vendor AP gtuning says he can get 15bhp from a map.

Combine it with a performance air filter you could be pushing over 250bhp - I'm saving for a tuning kit atm know a guy who does it for £500 will report back after it's been on the rollers

#14 ·
Cheers guys!

Regarding air filters, do you really gain any power from them? Yes they make a good noise but I've heard the standard airbox does the job fine?

Will be interested to here your results though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.