BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Newbie with an E39 M5.

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  markgixxer750 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I bought my 1999 E39 M5 a couple of weeks age and have been on the 5 series forum since then but nobody seems to be on there much so I'll be posting some questions regarding my car shortly.;)

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with it. Its a V reg, Carbon black with full black leather. 93k with FSH.
Its mostly Jap stuff I've had in the past (3 300+bhp Imprezas and a 350bhp Evo6) but with 3 kids, they're not suitable now.

The MPG is surprisingly good considering the size and weight of it. I've seen 28 on the motorway and averaging 19.

Anyway, I'm off to post some questions about my Vanos in the other section.......

#9 ·
Carbon black m5, 1 of the best colours available. what sort of questions have you got in mind? how does th m feel in comparison to the evo and scoob?
The only thing i've seen that bring the e39 up to date a little is angel eye conversion, if that meens anything to you, don't think it works on my e46 tho!

#10 ·
Handling is a bit lairy compared to the Jap stuff but thats to be expected.
The M5 is in a different league on the motorway. Simply effortless. 100mph @ 3200rpm in 6th = 27mpg where as my 51 plate JDM STi was 80mph @ 3800 in 6th = 19mpg.
It really depends what you use your car for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.